The Bad "Bug" and Mr. Bean Takes A Holiday
Maizie has had the flu. A bizarre flu that appears to come and go. According to the pediatrician it is going around. We have been very lucky in that Maizie has not had an illness like this for over a year. At the same time she is having a harder time due to her seizures which were all ready on the increase.
Now, she is back to having one to two seizures a day along with this supposed flu. If you are one of her loyal blog readers please keep visiting. Possibly, you could dig into her archives. She has some great stuff in there. Currently she is in no mood to blog but she assures me she will do it when she is ready.
Today was a long day. Okay, almost every day since last Friday has been a long day. We are going on day six of this "bug". I am going stir crazy. I actually thought she was over it a few times. Last night she seemed great. That all changed this morning. The pediatrician says this is what they are seeing so I am trying not to worry. For Maizie, he agrees that it may take even longer for her to recover. I called the neurologist and she agreed and added that the seizures are probably on the rise due to losing her medications from throwing up. She wants me to take her in for a medication level tomorrow. Oh, and by the way her MRI came back normal which is good news. I am praying the EEG gives us some very needed answers.
I have been asking Maizie off and on if her belly was hurting or if she was having a head ache. Getting Maizie to admit to pain or describe it is next to impossible. Finally today she said in her most serious tone, "Mom! Don't ask me those words ever again. When I wake up tomorrow you better not say those words! You are an adult. You should know how I feel."
Ugh. She always knows how to put me in my place.
We did get to watch Mr. Bean Takes a Holiday. Maizie loves Mr. Bean. I think Maizie appreciates his unique way of communicating. She often looks at me and says, "Do you know what he is saying?" If I say, "No. What?" She will tell me what he said according to her unique outlook on the movie and it is usually quite cute. I think she understands his movies more than me. There was a scene where Mr. Bean was lip syncing an opera with a kid he was traveling with and Maizie was laughing so hard. I must admit it was quite cute.



12 comments:
I hope Maizie feels better soon. Glad to hear the MRI came back fine but I can understand your being frustrated and wanting answers.
I know I've said this before but Maizie's comment about not asking her that again, that you're an adult and should already know ... I can just hear those same words (I HAVE heard those words) coming out of SB's mouth.
BTW, I'd love to read her blog but only if you feel comfortable with that.
Hope she feels better soon...and you have better days.
BTW...I hear that Mr. Bean is on the spectrum. He's ONE OF US! I knew there was a reason Miss M likes him so much!
Get well soon, Maizie----take care of yourself, too! I have to be careful about talking or otherwise drawing attention to any injuries or pains etc that Charlie might have. He does not talk about these but is clearly irked and does not like getting attention for them.
Hang in, hang on-----
Love your new layout too (the feet under the curtain is priceless) I guess it was a season change.
HUGs to you both and I hope you don't catch it when she is ready to give the bug up.
I'd also like access to her blog.
Love and big hugs to Maizie - it's horrible when they're sick... hopefully things pick up for you soon, especially with the seizures on the increase as well...
Really glad to hear about the test results, and hoping you get news from the EEG. Take care.
xx
i absolutely love it when fluffy laughs at something he's watching (or reading). it's such a great sound!
so so sorry about the flu and seizures. i'd love to read Maizie's blog. i hope she shakes this bug soon. by the end of today.
Tulip mom-Please e mail me and it will be done!
Kyra-This Mom! Done!
Thanks!
Did you know that Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean) is from the same Gosforth suburb of Newcastle on Tyne as me? I taught hime all he knows. ;-)
I'm sorry she's sick. That's awful that it's lasted almost a week!
I hope she feels better soon. And I'm glad the MRI results were good.
I'm sorry Maizie is under the weather. We are both sick here as well.
Hoping you get some answers soon.
Poor Maizie, I hope she feels better soon. I would love to be invited to read her blog. My e-mail is butterflylady97@yahoo.com.
The kids and I also enjoy Mr Bean. They have seen his movie already. I still have to find time to see it.
Hope Maizie feels better.
Post a Comment