Sunday, May 25, 2008

Another Trip to the Zoo and Super Hero Movie

Our friends John and Cindy told us that most people are taking 'staycations" due to the gas prices and such. Would not surprise me at all. I think we will be lucky to go on a vacation this year with Joe's company. Companies are cutting back and his company is no exception.

So, our holiday weekend was spent around town. Friday Joe's company closed at 2 so we took off to the zoo. Again. Maizie never seems to get bored with it. She wanted to spend some time in the bat house which I refuse to enter. It stinks. Bad. Then, for hours afterwards you smell like bat poo. Joe and Maizie don't seem to mind it so that is their thing.
Most kids love the geese and the ducks. You pay money to take them to the zoo and they are happy enough spending quarters to feed the ducks and geese corn. Right now there are babies everywhere. I must say that baby geese start out being very cute.

I think it is Maizie's goal to touch every animal at the zoo. She will go to great lengths to reach out and befriend them. Amazingly enough she is usually successful at it.
When we were visiting the sheep two of them were very interested in Maizie. They both made their loud "baaah" sounds. Maizie reached out her hand and slowly they each approached her and she was able to pet them briefly. We walked off and they both ran to the railing and craned their necks around looking at us. They became very loud so we went back and they were once again content to stare at Maizie. It was quite cute. Joe never visists the farm area since he is allergic to horses and goats. He probably thought we were lost in the barn because we took so long "communicating" with the sheep.
Friday night we went to see the Superhero Movie. We had lots of fun. This movie had a lot of adult humor so you definitely want to weigh whether or not you think you want to take your kids to it or not. Joe and I are a little more lenient about some comedies than most parents are. Maizie has loved movies like Dude Where's My Car and all of the Austin Power's Movies. We have found we have to explain a few things here or there but some of the humor goes right over her head.


The dollar theatre was empty so Joe took this picture of Maizie and Me in the theatre. Once back home I was up until one putting together the party favors for my parents' 40th Anniversary Party and watching Lost. We are now into Season Three.

5 comments:

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary to your folks!! :)
Those party favors look good. Real thoughtful of your sisters and you to throw a party for them.
M seems to have loads of fun with the geese!

Melissa Jo said...

staycations are a good idea right now...unfortunately i come to the fort too darn much! ha! owell.
those pics are cute! i use to love going into that petting zoo part as a kid, it was so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awww...what would Maizie do without zoos. I don't think we want to find out!!

Anonymous said...

That used to drive me crazy about James and the zoo, "You want to feed the ducks. I drove 45 min. so you could feed the ducks?" Now we don't go much because he says,"I don't like the zoo. All you do here is look at animals." As opposed to . . .

I'm glad your parents party went well. You looked beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! M's hair looks so cute in ponytails -- she sure has a special connection with animals, doesn't she? :)