Monday, September 15, 2008

Bitten and in a Trance....Edward and Bella on my Mind

I am smitten, or maybe I should say I have been bitten. I can't even compose my thoughts to write here because every second I get I have my nose in the book Twilight. I am excited to see the Twilight movie that will be out soon as well!It started innocently enough. I wanted to see what all the teens (and plenty of grown ups) were so obsessed with. The book was on sale dirt cheap at Target so I picked it up. After I finished reading I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone I began Twilight. Before I knew it I was up way past my bedtime. I kept saying, "Okay! Now I am going to go to bed!" I could not sleep. Edward can't sleep either but he has a good excuse...he is a vampire.

I wanted to know what happened to Edward and Bella! Surely just one more chapter would not kill me. Turned back on the light and kept reading. I had Joe drive everywhere this weekend so that I could get in a few pages here and there. Last night I went up to bed and swore I would read just one chapter. One turned into four and finally Joe came up lecturing me about my adrenals and insisted I go to bed. Argh. Back before we had our lil' miss Maizie I could have finished the book in a day or two. Now, I have to grab moments whenever I can. Finishing a book feels like a major accomplishment.

This morning I went to write a blog post but once again Edward and Bella were on my mind. I am totally addicted. It feels silly and yet it is fun. I needed a good book like this. My mind has been stressed out waiting for Maizie to begin the Autism Center. Joe has been traveling non stop and I really needed an escape.

However, did I want Twilight to take over my life? Maybe I should wear a Twilight shirt! What is happening to me? I love that the author, Stephenie Meyer has a play list on her website...music that inspired her while writing. Next I will have to read New Moon, Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn. I am sure some of you heard that the book Midnight Sun was stolen and put all over the net. I won't be reading the unfinished version online. Or will I? Without a doubt, I am obsessed. I was "bitten" late but thank goodness I was! Vampire love....what can I say?

16 comments:

Niksmom said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little alternate reality! Enjoy!! :-)

Sheri said...

Too funny. One of my goals today was to go buy the book. I decided to see what ll the fanfare was too. I was heading off to the store as soon as I get through my google reader.

We are too much on the same wavelength.

Anonymous said...

I can thoroughly relate to your obsession with this! I've read all 4 books and I can tell you, you won't be disappointed! I've read Breaking Dawn twice already. I'd love to hear about your reaction once you finish the series!

Anonymous said...

Yours is the second blog I've read that talks about loving this book. I. will. not. be. sucked. in.

Anonymous said...

it is so addicting isn't it. glad to see you got bitten too ... lol

Tara said...

Fun! I read the book for the same reasons as you listed. Mostly curiosity. Sadly, while I loved the story concept, the writing style didn't do much for me. I'm debating whether or not to go on with the others. Midnight Sun... that's funny, it's the name of the dance troupe my daughter is a member of!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you talked me into it! I bought Twilight while getting my Target fix today~

Bonnie said...

Marla, I have been wanting to start these books too! I am going to get this one at the library and read it! You sold me and I loooove vampire stories!

Dad Stuff said...

I too sometimes get carried away with a really good book. I also find most of my reading time at night when the kids are in bed.
I like vampire stories too, so I might have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

We have to have something to take our minds off stuff otherwise we are in danger of blowing up completely. I often get addicted to a book and can't put it down then spend the early hours lying awake thinking about it.

CJ xx

Sheri said...

I'm done. I read it in 15 hours and slept 5 of those. Awesome! I am so glad I was off work this week.

DJ Kirkby said...

Wow that book cover looks amazing. I got really into the Ann Rice series and may need to have a rea dof this one too.

floating in space said...

I love getting sucked into good books. (Sorry for the bad pun. I couldn't resist.)

Julie L. said...

I've not been bitten by the Twilight series yet, but I have very recently gotten sucked into the HBO show True Blood which is based on a book series that I may blog about soon. May go see Twilight when it comes out. Am intrigued.

Essential Amy said...

I was just going to post about True Blood. I haven't gotten into the twilight books although I am curious to what all the hooplah is about. Now I think I might have to read one...

Anonymous said...

Ah, nothing like a good book to set the world to rights, eh? ;)

My personal reading has taken a huge hit since we started up homeschooling -- I need to get that going again. I have three books that I just stopped right in the middle of! :P