'3 Flowers' by Ashley at Pipecleaner Dreams..we are in love.
Maizie and I were thrilled to open the mail yesterday and find a one of a kind piece of art work by Ashley at Pipecleaner Dreams. Maizie whispered passionately, "Oh my God! I love it!" Ashley titled this piece '3 Flowers'. The work would have looked awesome in my kitchen. I have the perfect spot for it.
When I went to hang it up Maizie let me have it! I know Ashley technically made it for Maizie but it would have looked so cool in my little kitchen. Sigh. Maizie and I compromised and hung '3 Flowers' at the top of the stair well right outside of Maizie's bedroom door. That way I can see it every time I go up and down the stairs and more guests will see it as well.
Please read about Ashley's art on Debrah's blog Pipecleaner Dreams. You will find out why this gift is so special to Maizie and me.
Thank you Ashley and Debrah for sending us '3 Flowers'. We love it!



12 comments:
I'm heading over to Pipecleaner dreams right now. Sounds like a cool art place to explore.
I'm so glad you came to a compromise. It sounded like a fair one, one you could both enjoy the beauty.
Have a good weekend.
Hehe! Marla, you've really got to start commissioning artwork for yourself if you want things to hang in the kitchen. :)
Wow! Very beautiful!
It makes me smile to see how possessive Maizie is of the artwork people send her. I honestly can't blame her though...that is fantastic! I want to send Ashley a pack of those sparkly pipecleaners and watch the magic happen.
I'm so glad you both like it. To me, these creations so represent the creative process that is ever present in Ashley's brain. She has spent her whole life having to be creative just to exist as a deafblind person in a sighted and hearing world. I'm glad that she takes a little time to share that creativity with us all.
Marla, i love what you did with my blog! Where did you find that picture. I remember that. I was at St. Lukes.
So cool!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a Speech Pathologist and love your paragraph on the side bar "It is our belief that...." I couldn't have said it better!
Very cool!
Beautiful! I feel inspired to get a box of goodies and start having fun...
Ah it is just beautiful, so bright and bold. I've tagged you Marla, come over and see. xo
Tooo cool!!!
Very beautiful! And how lucky are you to have an Ashley Original? :)
Post a Comment