Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hello! Are you my Facebook friend??

I have become a Facebook addict. I know! Just what I needed when I already am addicted to Blogging and Webkinz. Not to mention I have Facebook on my iPhone. Sigh. Oh, well.

Crystal Jigsaw did a Facebook post and inspired me to do the same!

Many of my bloggy friends are on Facebook which I love. My only confusion and slight frustration is when people have a different name on their blog then on their Facebook. I get easily confused and can't figure out what blog they are from or how I even know them!

I eventually figure it out. Usually. If you are going to add me to your Facebook...which would make me feel all 'Dazliously giddy'... please.....send a little note to let me know your blog and how I know you. If we are already Facebook pals and you think I might not have your blog on my page please drop me a line and let me know. I will put your blog on my Facebook favorites.

Remember, I have adrenal fatigue which means my memory has some.... shall we say...challenges. I make it too easy for people. My blog is my name.;) If I have no idea who a person is I may not add him or her. That never makes me happy.

I have been able to reconnect with old friends from my school days in Iowa. Joe and I have fun via Facebook when he is traveling. Making new friends is always fun too.

If you don't have a Facebook page....what are you waiting for? It is all the rage. Seriously! Now, I not only obsessively text my husband and friends but am able to see their family photos or compare our personality profiles, send flare and hug one another. Facebook is quite organized and clean looking. It can be very private or not. You can use it for good or evil. I choose good. I like it. I like it...a lot.

15 comments:

kristina said...

For some reason my Facebook use has ballooned in the past few days! I have the application on my iPhone too and just used it to upload a photo----if you'd like another friend, my husband is James Terence Fisher (a student set up an account for him).

I also twitter.......... @autismvox.

Casdok said...

Yes im your Facebook friend! I am quite new on there so still finding my way round.
I know what you mean about people having different names. But it adds to the fun!!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Hi Marla,

Sorry I've not been visiting lately, life has been pretty hectic.
Hope all is well with you and M :)
I've tried finding you on Facebook, but there were a couple of Marla Baltes.
The closest one that I think it's you is Marla Fauchier Baltes. Correct?
If an "Elaine Ling" add you..it's me :)

TheZach said...

Make Sure you get a good case for your iphone, myne has a crack in the front plate now!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I started my account on account (hehe) of you. But I haven't been over there in a week or so. It's a lot of technology for me to stay on top of and live.

Osh said...

I will friend you and add a message that it's me!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I have a very sad and forlorn little myspace page that I rarely check on and a linked in page that is a joke. Facebook is kind of daunting to me since my myspace just kind of sits there all by itself with no help from me.

Essential Amy said...

I love facebook. I got kind of creeped out looking at all the people I went to high school with. But now I am totally hooked! It's another wonderful time sucker I have found to help me not do the things I should be doing,lol. I also have a farm on there that I am quite proud of!
We are facebook friends as well!!!

Andrea said...

Gosh, I feel like such a wimp now! I had a facebook page for about 15 minutes and then I got nervous and disabled it. There's this dual fear of being found by a few crazy people who I'd rather not find me and also that if I spend any more time in front of this screen than I already do, I'll get sucked into it like some kind of bad 80's movie. :-)

Andrea
http://autisminsights.today.com

floating in space said...

I just started investigating Facebook. I must admit though, I'm a little freaked out by reconnecting with some ghosts from the past.

Anonymous said...

Marla, having taken you up on your invitation I've now got 23 friends on Facebook!!

CJ xx

Anonymous said...

I was invited to facebook by an old college friend and I'm having a blast with it. So many people that I'm reconnecting with. So glad you are one of my "facebook friends." I'll have to find Crystal and Casdok!
XXXXXX

DJ Kirkby said...

I know what you mean about being reluctant to add peope who's names you do't recogise, I am the same.

Julie L. said...

I update my myspace page a little more often, but perhaps I should work on my facebook page some once I get in the groove of things. Am back from Ireland now and am completely exhausted. Was happy to get your friend request. : )

Johann The Dog said...

We're on facebook, search for JohannThedog and you'll find me! Add me as a friend, we'd love it!

Woofs, Johann