Visit from Meljo and Now All Is Quiet
Kate has been working with Maizie on cooking lately. When the girls are here Kate says, "The more the merrier!" Wow. She is like a saint because making lasagna with so many cooks in the kitchen is enough to send me off for a long nap. The girls were great and the lasagna was super yummy.
Mimi and I played about six rounds of UNO. She kicks my butt every darn time. I don't get it. She is like an UNO God or something.
This last week Melissa and her kiddos made the long long drive to visit us. We had a great time despite the ongoing ice storm that kept us inside for far too long. Darwin...aka, the "baby kisser" was all over baby Sam. Wherever Sam was you would find Darwin.
Melissa was doing a craft with Alex and there was Darwin laying right in the middle of all the action. Everyone that spends time with Darwin says, "He is a really strange dog." I always thought he was pretty normal as far as dogs go. Apparently he is like a cat and a nanny trapped in a dogs body. Oh, and yes...Alex is digging for gold in the picture below. So precious.
I now understand why my sister Melissa has her hands full. It has been a long time since I have been around a little baby and a pre schooler at the same time. I don't think Melissa gets much sleep anymore. Alex and Sam are totally adorable.
Tonight its just me and Maizie chilling. The house is sooooo quiet. I miss Melissa and the kiddos and at the same time...well, the house is just soooo quiet. I do like quiet.



2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you and M are just getting some one-on-one though :) Hope you had a lovely weekend!
~Michelle
http://inthelifeofachild.com
yes, i tried to warn you we don't tread lightly when me and my posse come to visit! ha! thanks for having us!!!
Post a Comment