Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You Have Been Here All Along

I texted Maizie while waiting for her in the car after school today, "I'm here for you Maizie!"

Maizie responds three hours later to my text, "I know. You have been. You have been here all along."

I thought that was sweet. Maizie, my literal child. I know she does not understand that I was simply telling her I was at the school to pick her up. I would like to think she is expressing how I am always there for her. More than likely she is saying, "Duh. I know mom! You are at home with me right now." She does not understand time or the fact that hours passed between my text and her response.

Posting was on hold for a while in order to keep my emotions and information on the down low in regards to the schooling situation. I am not even going to go into it here. It took way too long but its done and Maizie is in the new school which is what I wanted. So far so good!

Karina planned her own birthday party for weeks before her family knew they were even throwing her a party. Too cute. Karina was determined to try out roller skating. Karina's sister Yeka planned a great party. I do not think Maizie and Karina really realized that they would have to move with wheels on their feet.

Karina gave it a good go. Maizie made it half way down the rink holding on to the ledge and Karina's sister with a death grip. Music, lights, wheels on their feet, people moving fast in a circle over and over. I was pretty sure from the start that Maizie would struggle with skating and the environment. A sensation overload from the start. But you just never know...we had to try!

Yeka went to the kiddie rink to help Karina who was truly giving it her all. Maizie continued to grip the ledge and began repeating to me, "I want them off. I want them off." I knew better than to push her. Her skates were promptly removed and we sat down for pizza and cake. Karina shortly followed....exhausted. These two, they crack me up. It is awesome they tried! The party was fun and despite not handling skating we all had fun.

When I take Maizie and Karina to the dog park or on walks they are seriously like walking with two old ladies. You never get far before the complaining begins. Various aches, pains and hating to sweat. Whining it is too cold or too hot...seriously, it never stops. Ignoring the complaints works for a while, if you are patient and lately being patient is not something I have been excelling at.

No comments: