Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Dad Turns 60 and Other Happenings

Today we went to my parents house to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. Before we went I said to Maizie, "We are going to Grandma's for Grandpa's birthday party. She said all excited like, "Yes! That means we get to eat cake!" For Maizie it is all about the cake. Today though Joe made home made brownies with home made frosting to take to Dad's and Maizie loved them. I must admit they were very good. The best I have ever had. When we first arrived Maizie was acting quite tired and took a little rest. In a few minutes though she was up and playing with cousin Alex and Christian. Christian was on his Great Aunt Julie's team for Scrabble. He was getting into it. Julie was quite patient with his ongoing need to place letters on the board before a word had been chosen. Too cute! Oh, and just in case you were all wondering...I won Scrabble tonight. Yeah, I rock. Later the kids were quiet so I went down in the basement to search for them. I asked Maizie if she was watching Alex for me and she laughed and said, "No! She is watching me!" That struck me as so funny. Especially since Maizie has been very ornery lately.

Maizie picked up a pile of my mom's (Grandma's) bills and asked her what they were. Grandma said, "Those are bills." Maizie then said, "Oh, I can take those and shred them for you at home if you want me too!" Too funny! Joe bought a paper shredder and Maizie is totally into shredding everything she can get her hands on. She even blogged about it.
Alex was enjoying a big ol' mug of hot chocolate while Grandpa blew out his birthday candles. Alex loves chocolate and ate two helpings of chocolate ice cream and a piece of cake. Yummy! She kept signing 'more' and saying, "More! More!" in between bites. She got her point across. I got to give her a bath tonight which was fun. She was filthy with chocolate.
Alex continued eating and drinking her cocoa at the table long after everyone else had finished. If anything it keeps her quite entertained. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Tomorrow we are hoping to go to Target. Yes!

16 comments:

Dad Stuff said...

What a great day.
And, yes, it is all about the cake.

Ms. TK said...

Looks like a great time.

I'm jealous. Target. Does Maizie love Target as much as my kids do? We could LIVE there!

VAB said...

What a lovely party!

So is Maizie blogging? Too cool.

Anonymous said...

oh my! it's ALL about the cake for fluffy too!

wonderful pics! what a sweet party.

Anonymous said...

A very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Dad. Hope you didn't eat too much of that yummy cake!

Crystal xx

Club 166 said...

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Congrats on running the Scrabble board, and Happy Birthday to your dad.

And yes, it is all about the cake!

Joe

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dad. Target rocks. I'm just too poor to venture there. that is kinda pathetic.

Neway...I tagged you. Hope you don't mind. You can find the rules, etc on my 1/20/08 post.

Have a great time at Target :)

floating in space said...

Happy Birthday to your dad. It looks like a good time was had by all. And yes, cake is the most important part.

katy said...

she is so right IT IS about the CAKE! Happy 60th Birthday to your dad x

Lindy said...

Sounds like a great time! Maizie's paper shredding comment just cracked me up - come on over Maizie, I've got some bills you can shred!! : D

Congrats on your Scrabble win!: )

tulipmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! My mom will be 60 in 2 years.

I too love Target esp. when I get to go ALONE as I did yesterday :)

SB is all about the cake too. We had his birthday party today. About 30 minutes before I had planned on serving the pizza and cake he announced in an extra loud voice that it was HIS party and therefore should be HIS decision when to serve the cake.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad. The cake and the hot chocolate all looked so good (now I am hungry)!!! The kids looked like they were having a lot of fun. What great family pictures!!
Congratulations on your big scrabble win.

Have fun on Target. We love going to Target. A new one just opened up near us, complete with a Starbucks! I get my latte and the girls get hot chocolate. It is a perfect match.
XOXOXO

Dad Stuff said...

BTW, I tagged you for a meme if you have the time.
Hope Target was fun.

Elizabeth McClung said...

Great pics and very cute Alex but I have to side with Maizie here, that it is all about the cake and I am not sure but maybe there are people who get excited about Cake and Chocolate (Me, Maizie, Alex) and people who get excited about going to Target? (You?)

kristi said...

Yummmm! Cake! Brownies!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!!
... and yes, it's all about the cake at our house too!