Sisters Go to Baby Mama
My little sister Melissa (my pet) and my older sister Marie picked me up today and we all went out to lunch and to see the movie Baby Mama. It has been ages since the three of us went out without children.
First we went to lunch at Mi Pueblo. I was thrilled since Maizie refuses to go there anymore. Marie had a huge breakfast so she went right for dessert! How pretty is that fried ice cream?
I grabbed this picture of Melissa on the left and Marie on the right. Sisters. I love my sisters so much. We have been through a lot together. When we do go out we find ourselves talking about childhood memories which is always fun. Today we were remembering how ornery Melissa was as a toddler.
Baby Mama was great. My favorite scene is where the "mother to be" is trying to swallow a prenatal vitamin. I could not stop laughing. It reminded me of teaching Maizie to swallow pills. There were too many laughs to count. Mostly women were in the theatre but I do think Joe would enjoy this movie as well. Steve Martin plays an eccentric business owner who is into channeling energy. His character was a riot.
After the movie we braved the photo booth. The three of us could barely fit into that darn booth. Poor Melissa was half in and half out of the booth. We did not know that anyone outside of the booth could view our photo session as it happened on a large screen. Ugh! It was difficult to figure out how to get us all in the frame. Everything was reversed and we were easily confused due to our uncontrollable laughter. Melissa picked the 'Best Friends' background because as sisters we are certainly friends for life.



18 comments:
I have one (older) sister and we don't see each other much or talk too much but no matter what, we pick up where we left off....some bonds are just forever.
As an only child, I've always envied those with siblings.
It must have great growing up together, hanging on each other in times of fun and comfort.
Love the photo-booth pictures. Very warm :)
SO SO GLAD YOU GOT OUT!!!!!
Marla,
What a wonderful day! I love the fact that you 3 sisters get to have some special sister time, what a treat on so many levels! The ice cream looks amazing, the movie sounds great and the photo booth was priceless. What memories that photo booth brought back for me. How blessed you are to have each other, truly blessed. Yet, I suspect you know that. Plus, I am so happy that you had some time out, just for yourself. That must have been so nice.
I have not been able to be online for the past week, so I was so sorry to read that you were sick. I hope you are feeling better.
XOXO
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Marie looks so much like your mom, I've never really noticed that before. Glad you had fun and that movie was great!
This post makes me miss my sisters so much!
It looks like a great time. You've inspired me to make my sisters care packages today - featuring oatmeal cookies and crocheted scarves.
Sisters. Nothing like them.
I am jealous on so many levels! Just kidding, but I do relate to napaboania about being an only child and always wishing I had siblings to share childhood memories with. Looks like you three had a great time. I really want to see Baby Mama. Maybe I'll go with by sisters-in-law this summer. Love you guys!
Sounds like a wonderful day! Makes me wish I had a sister.
Very sweet. You are blessed to have each other. I always longed for a sister growing up. When I got married I inherited 4!
What a fun time! I've been wanting to go see that movie. And I didn't even know Steve Martin was in it!
The pictures are too cute! I love fried ice cream! Yum! I want to see that movies so bad. We almost went to see it when respite came, but it was only playing in another town. Maybe next week.
It looks like you guys had a great time. Good for you!!!
I love those photo booths, I know most of them are digital now, but they are still cool.
I kinda want to see baby momma. I love Tina Fey.
Sounds and looks like you had a great time. You certainly deserve to enjoy yourself, Marla. Hope Maizie is okay.
CJ xx
Those pictures of you three in the booth really warmed my heart.
I am also one of three (the youngest) and I look forward to the times we all get together; my eldest lives on the west coast so we don't see her much. This makes me miss her a lot.
Like DM, I think I'll send her a care package. :-)
Aww, aren't sisters the best. I have 3 myself and rarely get together with all of them alone at one time! I am glad you had such a nice time together!
That looks like so much fun. I have a sister 12 years my junior, but we are very close. Those are great pix all around.
That just looks like such a fun time, Marla! So cool that you have all stayed so close -- I love the photo booth pictures :)
Fried ice cream? You are joking right? How can there be any such thing? Love the pics. I am going to add you to my blog roll right this instant, before I forget AGAIN!
Post a Comment