Coughing, Waiting for testing....sigh
This weekend was filled with me coughing, blowing my nose, sleeping and getting up to cough some more followed by more nose blowing. It sucked. The joys of a sinus infection turned into the nasty summer cold. Argh!
Oh, but I am totally addicted to Maizie's Nintendo DS. It seemed to be the only thing my brain could handle doing while I was awake.
By Sunday Maizie was starting to cough and sneeze. Therefore any testing that we may have been able to get done this week will have to be put off for another two weeks due to scheduling conflicts. Sigh. I am just so anxious to get things moving with the autism center. I guess we have waited this long...we can wait another two weeks.
There are a few things I have to get together to finish Maizie's application. Her last psychological report which is super old. Maybe we should have a new one done? Also, a video of her doing some homeschooling work. They would have asked for a current IEP but since we homeschool I don't have one. Can you hear my brain working overtime on this? Now that we have found a positive possibility I am quite excited about it.
At least today I am feeling better to visualize myself completing the above tasks and the many more I have let slide in the last week. Ugh. Thankfully Joe has kept up the laundry and keeps me and Maizie well cared for while we are snoozing all day. I know...it is really rough.
Tonight we took the dogs for a long awaited trip to the dog park. Check out the pictures at Dog Park Days over the next few days.



18 comments:
Yep i can hear your brain, and your excitement! You do have a lot on your plate at the mo, so i hope both you and Maizie feel better soon. :)
Ah you poor thing, hope the sinus/cold gets better soon.
Fingers (and toes) crossed for the Autism centre.
Fantastic photos of Stella the flying dog at Dog Park Days!
Marla, I hope you feel better soon and Maizie too! It's always something isn't it? I know how your mind can race when new things are happening. I really hope everything goes well for you.
ps:thanks for being one of my only blog readers along with my best friend, her hubby occasionally, and my hubby! LOL Oh well, I write it for therapy and fun, so readers are a bonus I suppose. Love your comments though!
...Oh, but I am totally addicted to Maizie's Nintendo DS. ...
I have no idea whether I'd like the DS or not, as it is somewhat permanently attached to Buddy Boy's fingers (we do actually limit his time, but woe to the person that picks up his DS).
I do know that Buddy Boy would heartily recommend "John Deere's Harvest in the Heartland" and "Zoo Tycoon" for the DS.
Hope you feel better soon.
Joe
Sigh. It never rains but it pouts-----get well soon. Get lotsa rest! The day for testing will be here, before you know it....
I hope you are both able to get the rest you need and will back to 100% soon. Sounds like you have a great nurse to help out in the meantime.
Take care.
Ooh, I hope you guys get to feeling better SOON! Still keeping fingers and toes crossed for things to work out with the autism center. :-)
BTW, your label of "Blah Blah Blah" totally cracks me up!
Take care of that cold. Summer colds seem to be worse than their wintery cousins.
Yuk. So sorry that your sinus infection has morphed into a cold, and that Maizie might be getting it as well. That's absolutely no fun at all.
It does sound like you're really excited about the autism center, and that is great!
I hope you guys start feeling better soon!
Sorry to hear you are sick, but glad you are excited about getting things going with the autism center. Having something to be charged up about always helps me.
I was cautious about James' DS, but that thing is cool. I was/am considering them as stocking stuffers (they fit, if pricey) for DH and I. Sad, no?
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Hope you guys are feeling better soon!!!
Good luck with the Autism Center, it sounds like a great thing!
hope you got the needed R&R you needed! good luck with the autism center meeting!
Ugh....I so feel your pain. I am doing the same thing right now. My eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out of my head, and I can't quit sneezing and coughing.
I hope Rhett doesn't get it. Kind of hard when I am the one taking care of him 24/7 though.
Hope you get some good answers from the autism center meeting.
((HUGS))
Hope you are feeling better now. Having a cold is a pain. Was glad when I recovered from my most recent one. Good luck with the Autism Center. take care--jml
Awww, sweetie, hope you are feeling better. I got the same bug. Nasty, ain't it?
Your Joe is a dear...
No fun! Our kiddos have summer colds too and I'm just praying I don't catch it this time :P
Hope you are all feeling better very soon!
I love Sara's nintendo ds too!! She wants the new baby game.
I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Post a Comment