Saturday, August 2, 2008

An Award, Mamma Mia and a Tattoo Parlor Visit

photo credit-andybee21

I was awarded this prestigious Comment of the Week award from Joe at Club 166. Thank you so much for this awesome prize.

I am giving this award to Trish from Another Piece of the Puzzle. She has a six year old son with Autism. Trish is a regular writer for Five Minutes for Special Needs. She recently wrote about the difficulties of having professionals that help your child come in and out of your lives.

Last night Maizie and I went to see Mamma Mia. What a fun movie! Maizie was on the edge of her seat dancing throughout the film. I was moved to tears a few times and Maizie said she cried too. The coloring in the film was beautiful. Angelic lighting and beautiful blues throughout. Why do I live in Indiana when I could live on an island like that?

Interestingly enough I found myself slightly drooling over Pierce Brosnan. He was incredibly sexy in the film. I remember watching him in Matador and finding him captivating, but not hot. Half way through the film Maizie began asking me if we could buy the music to the movie. How could I say no? This was a soundtrack even I would enjoy listening too.

My hives are gone! Wahoo! That shot sure did the trick. Way worth the pain. Which brings me to my next subejct about something being worth the pain.

Before we saw the movie last night Maizie and I had to stop into New Republic so I could schedule a touch up.

Donny is a college friend and a talented artist. He gave me my first tattoo and is now working on a design I put together for Joe's tattoo. He will work with my rough outline and create an amazing tattoo for Joe. He is working on an idea for my next tattoo. I can't wait to see the finished work.

I went in a while back for a 'walk in' tattoo. It needs to be touched up badly. So, Donny is going to have to perfect it. There are a few aspects of it that are not pleasing. Sigh. That is what you get when you stray from your favorite artist.

Maizie watched a woman being tattooed for a few minutes. She said, "They are sewing that ink on there." Yup, that is about how it feels too. Gadz! Taking my young impressionable daughter to the tattoo parlor! I know. I know.

Maizie insists she will never get a tattoo. Her answer, "I never want a tattoo! My Mom has a tattoo and she is weird!"

20 comments:

Niksmom said...

ROFL at Maizie's tatoo comment!

I've seen Mamma Mia twice now and want to buy it when it comes out! I did a review which I didn't post b/c it was the day I found out about Evan's death. I'll have to touch it up and post it. I went by myself the first time and with my 76 yr old mother yesterday!

Ms. TK said...

I loved the art direction of Mamma Mia! - does M. have the soundtrack?

You are a brave lass for getting a tattoo--

Pregnantly Plump said...

One of my friends had mixed reviews about Mamma Mia. He said Pierce Brosnan's voice was awful, but I think that as a woman, I might find him more appealing!
That's so funny about Maizie and the tattoo. I'm pretty sure I was that way about my parents at that age as well.
Hopefully you'll take pics of the tattoos when they're done and share them!

Bonnie said...

Mamma Mia was pretty cute! I too found myself drooling over Pierce, and more embarressingly over the guy who played the daughters fiance, probably could his mom but whatever! Glad Maizie enjoyed it!

Hey, you aren't bad for taking her to your tattoo parlor, your exposing her to new things!

Chaoticidealism said...

Hmm, don't we all think our parents are weird? (And then we grow up to be a lot like them...)

DJ Kirkby said...

Ah Mazie does make me laugh! Will you post some pics of your Tatts?

Anonymous said...

I am glad your hives are getting better. That must be a relief!

My girls loved Mamma Mia, but I haven't seen it yet. I saw it live and LOVED it. I was standing up singing at the end.

Maizie is very perceptive, funny tattoo story!

Unknown said...

I just remembered while reading this that I had a dream about you last night. G and I were just leaving our table at a restaurant and saw you, Melissa and Maizie sitting on a bench in the waiting area. Maizie was dancing on the edge of her seat and I gave you and Melissa great big hugs. Wish I could run into you guys in real life!

mama edge said...

My son says when he's 18 -- five years away -- wants a skull and the word DIE tattooed across his forearm. Do you think he'll change his mind if I do it first?

Anonymous said...

I've been a Pierce Brosnan fan since his, what was the show?, now I can't remember . . . He used to be in a show I watched as a kid/teen. I've lost track of his career since then. Although I did see the first James Bond he was in, I believe.

Well, no awards for that comment :-).

Tara said...

We almost went to see Mamma Mia! last night but I let Tess pick the movie and she chose Get Smart. Mamma will have to wait for the DVD player, I think.
I love Maizie's tattoo observation. So true! I've often thought about getting one but immediately chicken out! I've pricked my fingers enough time sewing to know that I'd be a huge baby about it.
Hopefully you'll share your finished tattoo design?

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to see Mamma Mia!! I can't wait. Movies here are over $10 a person now so we will wait for the DVD.

I'm sooo happy that the shot worked. I've never experienced hives until Matty had them recently and they looked absolutely miserable!!

Melissa Jo said...

i will have to check that movie out! didn't get good reviews, just goes to show you can't go by those! is it musical like? i never like those. glad the hives are gone!

Dad Stuff said...

Aren't all Mom's weird?
I don't think N1S could handle a tattoo with his sensitive skin.

We will have to see Mamma Mia now. It sound's good.

Essential Amy said...

I have a walk in tattoo as well, and I am thinking of getting it covered up (but this time I will make an appointment with someone I have in mind).
I loved Pierce Brosnan in Matador. Didn't find him particularly hot in it either, but I really got a kick out of him in it.
I haven't had the desire to see Mamma Mia but I do love me some Abba.

mommy~dearest said...

That's so funny! I've asked Jaysen if he would want a tattoo when he's older (his father is a tattoo artist, so needless to say he's quite familiar with them). His answer was "Yes. I want Baby Einstein on my foot." Hmmm. I am hoping he changes his mind by then.

He's really into Garfield lately and was geeked to find out that my first tattoo was Pooky (Garfield's teddy bear).

*sigh* Now I really want to get another one...

Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia is a guilty pleasure, I don't care what they say in the reviews or how bad Pierce sings. Go see it, especially if you're a woman, and even more if you're 40 and over (and remember all the ABBA songs). It's so cool that Mazie as a kid could also enjoy the movie as much as you did. The best part of the movie was the hilarious, empowering "Dancing Queen" clip. The worst part was "The Winner Takes it All" because even though it was well sung by Meryl Streep, her moves were a little over the top and Pierce Brosnan didn't have much to do during the whole (long) scene except look embarrassed as he was being scolded.

Angie said...

Didn't know you had tatoos and didn't know Donny did them! Scott's younger sister called about tatoo advice the other night... Weird...

We just got back from a little vacation. Are you free this week or next?

Glad your hives are gone. Ever figure out the cause?

Julie L. said...

So glad you are feeling better.

I haven't seen Mamma Mia yet, but would like too. Pierce Bronson did look great in the previews, though he's not really my type. I'd rather live on an Island too than in the Midwest.

Loved the tatoo story. : )Take care--jml.

Trish said...

I just realized I starred this post and never came over to comment. Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing the link to my post about my son's aide leaving.

We have met her replacement and are looking forward to a good start to the school year.

Blessings!