Hand Art & Other Fun Stuff
This weekend Christian came over. I took him with me to pick Maizie up at school on Friday. He was very curious to see Maizie's school and was a bit taken a back when he realized how "un school like" it was. When we arrived Maizie was playing Battleship with a friend. I was excited to see that because I loved that game as a kid. Marie and I would play it all the time. Maizie showed Christian her decorated desk (cubicle). Christian nodded letting us know he approved.
Christian asked if he could see the school's Wii by smiling and growling all silly like,"I wanna see the Wii!" He did not believe me when I told him Maizie's school had a Wii and that the kids played it often. Maizie showed him the Wii and Christian began jumping around the room all giddy. I guess he is easily impressed. Maizie would love to have a Wii but I am happy to let that be something she can look forward to at school.
Back at home Maizie and Christian were into the Play-doh. They were busy making "breakfast" for a few hours. I was thrilled since this was a quiet activity.
The rest of the weekend Maizie became obsessed with making hand drawings. I purchased her the book Hand Art by KLUTZ a few years ago. She has loved that book ever since. For Maizie the fine motor and planning skills involved in placing her hand in the correct position and tracing it have been a challenge. I am happy to say that she is getting very good at it. I love this book!
Last week I was on an organizing/cleaning spree. I accomplished a whole lot. Wahoo! The weather was gorgeous and I felt motivated so I just went with it.



12 comments:
Lovely post, Marla. Great photos too. Maizie's school sure does sound pretty cool. I'm sure Amy would like it very much.
CJ xx
I agree about having Wii (or whatever) as something special that is only at school. Glad her new setting seems to be going well. I also like Maizie's hand-art. :o)
The hand art thing is so cool! I am so looking forward to quiet playtime with things like playdough. I don't plan on even attempting that for a while. Crayons are tasty enough...
So glad Maizie is really liking her school. It sounds like a great place.
We are huge fans of Play-doh around here. Love the quiet. The clean-up? Not so much.
That hand art is great. I immediately thought that James hates hand art (because he hates paint on his hand) but tracing his hand he would be fine with. I should look into that book.
How cool that she was able to show off her school and have her cousin jealous. I'm glad for her.
I love Maizie's hand art. It's so colorful and fun. Have you two seen the email of the artist who paints hands to look like animals? It's pretty cool.
Maizie, I wish that I could play the Wii at school too! :D
How is the expander going?
those pics are super duper cute! aunt melissa would sure LOVE a framed on for christmas...and ALEX would definately love one to hang in her room too!!!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!
wow, I'm jealous, I think Maizie's school sounds so much cooler than Casey's! Glad she and her cuz had so much fun together.
Sounds like a great school! And I love the hand art!
I like the hand art, it sounds like a fun activity. I'll have to check that book out. You are full of good resources:)
Sounds like fun was had all around, and I really love the hand art!
~Andrea
My Autism Insights
Post a Comment