Friday, March 27, 2009

My Life Reinvented

Where do I begin after such a long and intense Bloggy Break? Many of you have been keeping up with me on Facebook. If you have not I will remind you that my divorce will soon be final. Maizie continues to talk to her Dad and will be visiting him. That is all I will say about that here.I certainly have appreciated all of the ongoing support. Making the decision to blog again has been difficult. My blogging friends understand how time consuming blogging can be. Not to mention when major life changes are happening one is a bit hesitant to share those with everyone.
After receiving many requests from friends and family I have decided to give my blog another go. I hope that my readers are happy with my return and will stick with me while I get back in the swing of things. Learning to balance Maizie, additional children,family, friends, a partner who is in the military, blogging and my art is going to be a challenge.

I imagine many of you are wondering what the heck has been going on. Where did me and Maizie disappear to?

It is amazing to me how one seemingly tragic change can open up a whole new world that would have never been imagined before. I began communicating with Chris and we fell for one another. How do I express here how in love with Chris I am? There are no words for it. We make a great team and our time together is fun and easy. I began visiting Chris in Iowa and he and his girls came to see us in Indiana. I won't go into all of the details of why it was best for us to make the move to Iowa. There were many factors involved in that decision. I am thankful for my friends and family that helped me move in literally....one day. So much work! Maizie and me love being here with Chris and his three girls. Chris shares joint custody of his beautiful daughters.
I know! Major changes. Maizie and me went from being on our own to sharing a home with a four, seven and nine year old. Darwin and the guinea pigs love all the extra attention! My blog will begin where I am now, where I am happy to be. You all know I am not one to dwell on the past and change does not scare me. I've moved on and we are all the better for it.

Maizie spent one week in the University of Iowa Children's Hospital for pneumonia, increased CVS and seizures. That was by far the scariest hospitalization Maizie has ever had. Chris and I were witness to a new type of seizure during that illness and it was by far the scariest I have ever seen. We were very concerned that she was not going to pull through. The pneumonia was very stubborn. I am happy to say that Maizie is feeling good and has her appetite back. She had lost so much weight that we were forcing Ensure on her every chance we could.

While at the hospital Maizie had excellent care. We were hooked up with top physicians who are going to continue caring for her. I was not looked at like a crazy mother when I told them about her Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, Chromosome Disorder, Seizure Disorder and Autism. Not one doctor said, "Now....what does that all mean exactly?" No one looked at me like I was nuts when I told them the medications she was on in order to stay healthy. What a breath of fresh air that was! Those of you out there with children like Maizie know what I am talking about. They understood how complicated her diagnosis is and I was beyond relieved.

As you see my header is now, Marla On All That is Dazlious. My last name will soon change back to my maiden name. However, I do not want to move to a new blog address at this time so you will continue to find me here. I have much to share and look forward to catching up with you all soon.

27 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

yea! i'm so glad youre back! now you wont seem so far away again! :) of course i support you every step of the way. life is awesome in that way, with change comes a whole new sense of self and appreciation for life...in the here and now! love you!

Elvis Chainsaw said...

Glad to see you are back, my dear. Also glad to see you are not in f***ing INDIANA anymore...

Love to you and your new peeps...


jal

Anonymous said...

I stopped by of course. Glad you are back, sort of. Blogging helps because on facebook you assume that people know some things but then stuff gets lost in translation. Or maybe it was just me ;)

kristi said...

YEAH!! Happy to see you back, I am a long time reader. If you would like, send me an invite on Facebook kristi crawford armstrong.

PS I am so glad you are doing good!

Ashley's Mom said...

Welcome back! You have been sorely missed....

Hug the girls - all of them - for me!

Niksmom said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. It's so nice to see you back online blogging. However frequently (or infrequently) you write, it's nice to read your words.

I am so happy that you and Maizie are making a family with Chris and his children. I wish you the very best. :-)

Sorry to hear about M's hospitalization, too. I totally understand the stress of that. And I appreciate the gift of having doctors taht understand and don't think you're some neurotic parent! Whew.

I look forward to hearing more about how you and Maizie are doing and how M is handling the adjustment to Iowa.

Big hugs to you both!

Casdok said...

Lovely to see you back in blog land, and i am so happy for you both, Darwin and the guinea pigs!! :)

Bobbi said...

Yay! Missed you! Congrats on your new life.

Susie said...

It is great that I will be able to stay caught up with your life on your blog again! When I think of all that you and Maizie have been through in the last five months it is unbelievable. But, being the strong and resilient person that you are, you have made a wonderful new life for yourself and Maizie. Change is good. I hope that I am as fortunate as you have been with my upcoming changes~

Unknown said...

Hi Marla,
Glad to hear everything is going so well. After so many years with one person it takes alot to move on with a new life. Kudos to you. I wish you luck and will continue to keep you and wonderful Maize in my prayers.

Love to you,
Angela Lianez

Lindy said...

So glad to see you back, Marla! Missed you guys ;)

I'm so sorry to hear that M has been having such a rough time medically -- but it's good to hear that you have a good medical team now.

We're coming up on a year now (in about a month) of no CVS episodes with Jacqui -- seems like we've finally hit on a combination of things that work for us.

I keep you and M in my prayers that the CVS situation with M will get better for you too -- the seizures and pneumonia sounded absolutely terrifying!

Hugs to you both -- and here's hoping that lovely neighbors came with your new home this time around! ;)

~Michelle

Osh said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Marla,

Happy to see that you have reclaimed your comfort to share your life on your blog.

Expressing your feelings and thoughts is truly your medicine!

Love ya~ Min

VAB said...

It's so good to see you back. You sure don't skimp on the news, do you? That all sounds so exciting, for all six of you. I hope Maizie puts that weight back on soon and that you keep us all posted.

Suzanne said...

It's good to hear from you. You sound happy.

Dad Stuff said...

Wow! That was a lot take in. But I am very glad you are back. I'm also glad for the positive events that have occurred. I hope Mazie is feeling better too. Sounds like you have some great support and we are looking forward to new news about you and your family.
All the best.

Travis Erwin said...

thanks for the update. i don't spend much time of facebook so I'm glad you are back to blogging.

Maddy said...

Welcome back. You certainly have been through the mill. I'm so glad I checked the hub this morning or I would have missed you.

Having had pneumonia myself [in the past] I know what a pig it can be. So glad that you've survived and come out the other end. I can't imagine what an upheaval it's all been.

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back blogging.

UofI has a fabulous hospital, if Maizie had to get sick I'm glad she was at the UofI.

Take care!

Tara said...

Nice to see you here again! Wishing you all the best...

Pregnantly Plump said...

Now there's another reason for me to join facebook!! I'm so glad you're back, and you sound (maybe read?) so much happier in this post! Congratulations on the big changes. I am very happy for you and Maizie.

Anonymous said...

When I saw that you had started blogging again I smiled so broadly. It's lovely to see you in the land of blog once more and to be able to catch up with Maizie. You two certainly have been living life to the full.

I have to say though, Chris looks very nice!

Love and best wishes to you, Marla.

CJ xx

Kelly said...

SO glad to see you back and most importantly, that life is good! Can't wait to hear about all the new adventures in Iowa.

How is Maizie doing in school? From what I hear, Iowa is pretty forward thinking in terms of special education. Indiana and the rest of the country began RTI (response to intervention) because of the success Iowa had shown.

Anyway, it's great to have you back! Miss you!

Katrin said...

Glad to see you are back!

Anonymous said...

wow and WOW again! what a whirlwind of change! congratulations on your reinvented life. it all sounds very rich and full and you DESERVE IT!!!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Wow, you've had so much going on. I've been thinking of you, as you know and am so glad to see you back! Best to you and Maizie!

Club 166 said...

OK, so I'm not a Facebook kind of guy (though technically I think I'm registered, I never have the time to go there).

So it was with great surprise when I read about all the changes.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sounds like everything's working out very well for you.

Iowa=less basketball, more corn.

Joe