Soft Clothing for All Children and Sensory Processing Disorder
Director, Jessica Elsas contacted me in regards to having a Blogger Profile on her site Soft Clothing for all Children.
Jessica wrote, "We plan to do weekly profiles of blogs that cover issues related to Autism, Aspergers, Sensory Processing Disorder, Special Needs, Parenting and more. The purpose is twofold--to bring much deserved attention and traffic to blogs that deal with these topics, as well as to create a resource archive on the Soft Blog--for our readers and Google searchers everywhere. We get a lot of traffic from people searching for topics that are not covered comprehensively by us--but they still land on our pages. We hope this archive will direct our readers to blogs and articles that more comprehensively address their queries. For more information on our company and mission, please see http://www.softclothing.net/."
If you are interested in having your blog profiled please write to Jessica at info@softclothing.net.
I told a little about our story with Sensory Processing Disorder last October. Over time Maizie has been able to handle more sensory input but SPD continues to be a challenge for her. All of us have sensory issues but for children like Maizie it is more intense and can slow down life, making it almost unbearable.
Tags on my shirts send me over the edge. I cut most tags off immediately after purchasing an item. Obviously, for many children with SPD it goes beyond the irritating tags. The feel of the fabric, the way it hangs, does the fabric cling or give...there are many factors to consider.
Too many socks, underwear and shirts have been given away since Maizie refused to ever wear them because they, "hurt me". Jeans are the worst. She may agree to a pair in the store and once home curses them for every little stitch.
I am looking forward to seeing the clothing line at Soft for all Children. If you have any tips or links that you find helpful to help your child with SPD please leave them in the comments.



4 comments:
We are with you on this one! For years I either bought well worn thrift store clothes or saved up for Hanna's on sale because everything else itched or caused a tantrum. 13 years later, clothes shopping is still tough. I just plonked out $80 for a swimsuit because it met all the requirements and I know she'll wear it; I've learned the hard way not to try and hold out for a sale.
And she comes by it naturally as I am exactly the same way. I really can't function if my clothes are uncomfortable in some way.
First off drop the nomenclature sensory processing "disorder"
Is it wrong or disordered to have a greater degree of sensory discrimination?
And why should adults be condemned to wear sackcloth?
When you reach the age of 18 do you suddenly have to put off the childish silk and don a hairy vest?
You just have to deconstruct it all.
I to have to be careful what clothes i buy for C. And even now i dont always get it right!
ugh tags are evil. And I have noticed that so many boy clothes are tagless these days but not that many girl clothes are. What is up with that!!!
Post a Comment