Saturday, April 7, 2007

Just Another Snowy April Day

It snowed today! Amazing. Bummer. I want to go back to wearing flip flops!

I went early to Wal Mart for food fixings. Came home and began cooking for Easter Sunday and put together a salad for our dinner at Beth's house. The entire time Maizie is starting to act nervous and I am worrying we will have to cancel our dinner date.

Maizie was not having a good day this morning. She woke up seeming tired and pale. Before we knew it she was in melt down mode and said, "I can't stop thinking about wanting pumpkin bread." The obsession changes throughout the melt down, her demands don't make a whole lot of sense. Lately, she has been using her increasing vocabulary. She says, "I really don't like this situation!" We are happy she is using more words to try and communicate what is going on when she gets so upset. This is great progress for her.

After a while she calmed down enough to color Easter eggs. This may not have been the best egg coloring experience since by this time Joe and I were both tired and frustrated. Maizie was having a difficult time focusing. Her eyes were red with tears and she looked exhausted. We wanted to go out to lunch, get Joe out of the house! No luck.

Later, Joe went to The Food Coop and then picked us up Subway. Maizie went on to build a tent, play a computer game and was in a pretty good mood most of the day.

We walked down to Beth and Mike's for dinner. Maizie was very happy to see her friends. She had a great time playing at Beth's house. Onika and Moreah made us lots of beautiful hearts that hang from red fuzzy pipe cleaners. It was great to get out of the house and have good conversation. Maizie and the girls, including Azriel were all dancing to princess music. A house full of ballerinas!

Once home we got Maizie ready for bed. She asked me to lay with her for a while. We cuddled and she leaned over, kissed me and said, "You are the bestest mom Jesus ever made." So sweet. Then she said, "Nose kiss." We rubbed noses. She makes my heart sing! We talked about why we celebrate Easter. She asked me if God made the Easter Bunny. I tried not to bring up the Easter Bunny for the last few days. Any kind of holiday excitement leads to night time wakings and increased melt downs. Our holidays are usually very low key. I was hoping she would have forgotten about the bunny visiting. No luck. I told her the Easter Bunny needs her to sleep ALL night long. I do too!

1 comment:

Ritzman said...

We really enjoyed having you all over for dinner. The girls play so well together!
I'm glad you were able to keep the date.
Hope you had a great Easter!