Monday, April 9, 2007

Sleepy Easter and a Better Monday

Easter was a bit of a mess for me. I was in pain from my endometriosis. So...I had to resort to some vicodin which pretty much knocked me out for the day. Thankfully. Between that and my Interstitial Cystitis (IC) I was not a happy camper. Today is better. When it gets this bad I begin to worry that I will need surgery again. I think I was on the verge of panic Sunday. I am so thankful I am on medications now to make the IC way better. Once this week is over I will be feeling all better for a few more months. At least I have that to look forward to!

Joe and Maizie went to Aunt Julie's without me. They had a nice time and Maizie came home with an adorable Easter basket from Julie and Maizie's Grandma got her a Magic of the Rainbow Barbie. I can not believe I missed Easter. Bummer.

Saturday night Maizie did sleep through the night but woke us up early to see if the Easter Bunny came. The Easter Bunny had brought Maizie a book to collect the state coins in and hid eggs all over the house with quarters. Maizie had fun putting the quarters in the book. The Easter Bunny also brought her an Easter Egg outfit for her Build A Bear Cat and some candies.
Today Maizie began working with her tutor Jeannie at Specialty Tutoring. Maizie was so excited to see Jeannie. Maizie has been waiting to work with Jeannie all year. Every time we passed her building she would insist we had to start tutoring right away! I think she could barely contain herself during the session. Jeannie always has creative ways to help Maizie learn. The first couple of sessions she is testing Maizie to see where she is at. It will be interesting to see the results.

Joe had the idea to get Maizie a Gameboy. Maizie has been showing an interest in playing the X Box and does okay with the few kid appropriate games we have. We tried finding some kid X Box games and could not find any Maizie was interested in. The Gameboy has fun, nice games. I was amazed with how good the screen looks. I thought it would have more pixilation. Maizie is really excited to try it out and I am praying that she will get the hang of it.

I really need to get to bed. Good night!

No comments: