Organizing and Fun With Friends
We had a nice weekend. Especially once the sun came out! Joe and I went on an organizational frenzy Saturday morning. I was feeling the weight of messy shelves with all of our new homeschooling stuff and paperwork was piling up. Joe took on the kitchen...again. He threw out utensils we never use and several other kitchen gadgets that have never seen the light of day. It was great. We both felt a bit lighter afterwards.
Saturday night Rod, Rhonda and Madelyn came over for dinner. Maizie and Madelyn had fun playing dress us up. We watched the new show Notes From the Underbelly with them. It is really quite funny. I am hoping it gets better and better. It has been so long since a new show has made us laugh that much. Joe and Rod used to work together and have been friends ever since.
Sunday Maizie woke up happy and we went to church. Maizie went home with Marie to spend the night. Joe and I went out with John and Cindy to Smokey Bones. We talked for over two hours. Time flies when you're having fun.
Today I had to pick up Maizie at Christian's eye doctor so Marie could get his broken glasses dropped off. Maizie accidentally stepped on them last night. Maizie was so tired when we came home. She said when she was at Marie's her eyes kept opening and just would not stay closed. I could tell we were in for a rough day. She slept for about an hour and woke up feeling much better.
We ended up having to miss tutoring so Maizie could sleep. Luckily, Jeannie can meet with her tomorrow. But, that means we have to miss going to The Learning Garden...again. I am still trying to get Maizie on a schedule that keeps working. Every day I just don't know how she will do. I am a very planned person. One thing Maizie is teaching me is how to be more flexible.
Saturday night Rod, Rhonda and Madelyn came over for dinner. Maizie and Madelyn had fun playing dress us up. We watched the new show Notes From the Underbelly with them. It is really quite funny. I am hoping it gets better and better. It has been so long since a new show has made us laugh that much. Joe and Rod used to work together and have been friends ever since.
Sunday Maizie woke up happy and we went to church. Maizie went home with Marie to spend the night. Joe and I went out with John and Cindy to Smokey Bones. We talked for over two hours. Time flies when you're having fun.Today I had to pick up Maizie at Christian's eye doctor so Marie could get his broken glasses dropped off. Maizie accidentally stepped on them last night. Maizie was so tired when we came home. She said when she was at Marie's her eyes kept opening and just would not stay closed. I could tell we were in for a rough day. She slept for about an hour and woke up feeling much better.
We ended up having to miss tutoring so Maizie could sleep. Luckily, Jeannie can meet with her tomorrow. But, that means we have to miss going to The Learning Garden...again. I am still trying to get Maizie on a schedule that keeps working. Every day I just don't know how she will do. I am a very planned person. One thing Maizie is teaching me is how to be more flexible.



No comments:
Post a Comment