Friday, February 8, 2008

Cool Awards and A Book Tag Help me Escape A Bit!

In an effort to divert my attention from our ongoing saga here I am going to show off a few of my awards. This awesome eagle attitude award reminds me of my favorite show The Colbert Report (yeah, I really think Colbert is hot...I can't help it) was given to me by Tulip Mom. Thank you so much. I don't always have the best attitude but I am certainly known as having "attitude". I am pleased to pass this award on to Pregnantly Plump. I can always visit lil' Elvis and his mama at Pregnantly Plump if I need to smile. Her videos are adorable and her positive and playful attitude towards motherhood is always inspiring.



My second award was given to me by Find Out What Jen Finds. I was given this, "chaste kiss given to say thank you for friendships and comments in the blogosphere." I am going to pass this one onto the first blogger who can leave a comment telling me what my most favoritest candy is!!!!!!! I have mentioned two types of candy in my posts. Either one will get you the award. Hurry! Comment now if you wanna kiss!

Lastly, I have a tag from Gathering Up the Pebbles. Okay....I admit it. I am behind on tags and have even lost track of some of the tags I need to be doing. Please forgive me. My memory has been having issues and these last four weeks have really made keeping up with blogging a challenge. I know...blah...blah...blah....cry me a river. But, this tag....now this tag I love. It is easy, quick and a tad bit weird.

The rules: Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!) Find Page 123. Find the first 5 sentences. Post the next 3 sentences. Tag 5 people.

The Book: Walking in Circles Before Lying Down by Merrill Markoe

The Five Sentences:

"I always know everything about someone in under three minutes."

"You don't know shit, 'I said. "That guy just stood me up.

Your 'under three minutes' thing is completely bogus. And

your instincts have been compromised by crackers."

Now for the five lucky ones to complete this tag. I was going to say some "bigger" words but Blogger seems to be still having trouble with the spell checker. Argh! So, I will keep my vocabulary simple because my spelling sucks.

1. I am Not Wrong

2. Find Out What Jen Finds

3. From Here to There and Back

4. Meljo

5. Is This What You Do All Day

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards!!!
xx

Katrin said...

Sorry I don't understand this 'tag'?

kristina said...

I've been the worst about keeping up with tags----the 123 one is good! Hope the weekend is going ok,....

Angie said...

It's those little colorful gummie fish. I can't for the life of me remember what they are called though. But they're cute and whenever I see that at a store now, I always think of you.:) Glad you liked the book tag.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the awards!

I have no idea on the candy, but for some reason Snickers keeps jumping in my brain. Its not my favorite so maybe it is yours? :)
Have a good day, all of you.

Melissa Jo said...

sweedish fish! i win, i win! right? since i got the technical term for the fish! and you also like to sneak in your evening reece cups with pepsi! ok, now i have to read the rest of your blog, i had to hurry and answer!

Niksmom said...

Did Blogger eat my comment from this morning?? Or did you eat it b/c you were out of Whatchamacallits and Swedish Fish! ;-)

Travis Erwin said...

Interesting meme and one I haven't seen.

Anonymous said...

"compromised by crackers"....lol...I love that. Now I'm going to have to read that book to see what the heck they are talking.

I'm clueless on candy :(. I so sorry. At the moment I don't even know what MY fav candy is ;-).

Pregnantly Plump said...

Thanks for the award! How nice! I'm also a big Stephen Colbert fan, got Bob the book for Christmas. My husband thinks he looks like Stephen Colbert, I figure that's not a bad thing.

Julie L. said...

You are doing great at keeping up your blog despite the circumstances. Congrats on your award. I should check out some of the blogs you mentioned. They sound great. Am kind of new to the blogosphere. Hope Maize is feeling better.