Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fireworks Fun!

Thank you everyone for taking time out to read Maizie's Blog. Tomorrow we have plans to sit down together and enjoy her comments. She has been working on a few drawings for the blog. I think she has been encouraged! Very good.

Tonight was our town's Three River's Festival Fireworks. I took this picture of Janeen and Brian's little girl Nevaeh in their back yard. She looks adorable in her retro glasses. We all walked down to see the fireworks. Maizie pulled the wagon while following Brian the entire time. Savona was lucky enough to ride in the wagon. I was amazed that Maizie walked as far as she did without complaining of leg pain or exhaustion. The night is simply her best time.
While we waited for the fireworks to begin Savona pretended she was a ghost. Daniel, my nephew played his DS and we enjoyed a few beers.

A few minutes after the fireworks began Savona, who is five began saying, "Okay...turn off the fireworks now. I want to go home. " Too cute. Maizie was loving them.On the way home Savona was beyond tired. At first she was sitting up in the wagon but soon we realized she was nodding off. Before we knew it Maizie was pulling Savona as she drifted off to la la land. Once home Maizie said, "I am very good at pulling wagons." Yes, we were very impressed.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly looked a lot of fun.

CJ xx

Tara said...

Maizie looks oh-so-happy in these shots. What a smile!

Julie L. said...

I'm glad Maizie was encouraged by everyone's comments. Yes, she does appear to be a very good wagon puller! : )

Stinking Billy said...

marla, "a few beers"? And here am I thinking all this time that you were a God-fearing, mid-western bible puncher, a methodist and apostolic, etc.?

Way to go, girl!

Niksmom said...

Glad to see/hear that Maizie is doing mch better; she looks adorably hapy in those pics! ONE beer and I would be out cold these days! LOL

Melissa Jo said...

that looks like fun! haven't seen fireworks in forever!

Kelly said...

I forgot all about Three Rivers Fireworks! I made Nathan take me down to watch them last year, they were pretty good. Glad you guys had a good time! By the way, Maizie has looked so grown up in your last couple of posts.

Anonymous said...

That's really amazing that Maizie could do all that pulling! I'd have been completely exhausted! She looks very happy and content - Brava!

Angie said...

How fun! I'm such a fetival loser. We got to the Chalk Walk this year and that was it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time, Marla -- M has sure been looking happy lately. It just puts a smile in my day knowing she's feeling so much better and able to have fun and flash that beautiful grin of hers :)

Anonymous said...

Marla, check out this coming Sunday Roast on David's blog - you can access via my blog roll.

CJ xx

kristina said...

Charlie is often liveliest and most "on" at night, too. Maybe he needs night school! Thanks for sharing another evening of friends and fun.

Anonymous said...

What a great time! Maizie looks so proud pulling that wagon. Everyone just looks so relaxed and happy. A well deserved night out, glad it was so nice.

XOXO

Tammy and Parker said...

Ah, I love family time like this. You are very blessed.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that fun was had by all and that you got to partake in some adult beverages. I hope the beer didn't mess with your stomach too much!

Jerry Grasso said...

Been awhile since I have visited. Bad Jerry.

I love seeing Maizie smiling and happy. For all of the dire posts we all write...it is nice to see those that are just happy kid pictures and posts!

Trish said...

Sounds like you all had a great night! How wonderful.