Thursday, July 3, 2008

Making Friends and Stella the Lap Dog

Stella has become quite the lap dog. When Maizie is sleeping she tries her hardest to curl up next to her on her chair. Maizie seems to be better today. She had one CVS episode yesterday but recovered by the evening. I am feeling much better too! Wahoo! Thank you for all of your well wishes.

Tonight we were able to go to a fourth of July party at Angie's house. It was great because I met Sheri whose blog I enjoy reading. Sheri and her husband are great parents. Stop on over to her blog and say Marla sent you!

We also talked with a family who has a daughter with CVS. What are the odds of that?! We left with a few phone numbers for the intentions of setting up play dates. Wonderful! Maizie hugged her new friends before leaving. Very nice.Back to Stella. Whenever I am on my laptop and Stella is in the room she suddenly wants my undivided attention. She jumps up next to me and lays herself directly across my laptop waiting for me to pet her. Sometimes I position her so that the lap top is on the arm rest and she is on my lap.

I pet her with both hands and then sneak one hand over to the key board. The minute I touch the keyboard Stella lets out a deep guttural moan. Or maybe it is a low growl? I don't know how to describe it but she makes it clear that she wants me to be doing nothing except showering her with attention.

So, I pet her some more and try to sneak over to my lap top again only to hear her express her disapproval again. Argh! Last night I could not resist and repeatedly moved my hand from Stella to the computer creating a symphony of repetative "bitchy dog talk". It was quite fun.

It gets so bad that I give up and send her to her doggie bed until I am done with my very important work. Some of you may recognize this trying work from the picture above...Webkinz.

10 comments:

kristina said...

So very glad you are better! Stella knows how to make her point....

Niksmom said...

ROFL at the "bitchy dog talk!" I used to have a cat that did something very similar. Once I was on the computer, she would literally drape herself across both wrists so I could do absolutely nothing. If I moved her she would then curl herself around my neckand shoulders w/her tail in my face so I couldn't see.

Animals are great, aren't they? :-)

Glad you got out and made some wonderful contacts...and that you are all feeling better!

Club 166 said...

You ninny!

Stella the lap(top) dog is just trying to get you to go to her favorite sites on the web!

Joe

Melissa Jo said...

glad maizie made some friends! stella is so very unique! hee hee!

Anonymous said...

Stella is so beautiful. Sadie does the exact same thing when I try to get on my laptop. She often uses her nose to push my arms off the keyboard. She makes me laugh, as all she wants is more and more attention. Even the cat will come and try to sit right on top of it, while I am typing.

Sounds like the party was a very nice time. I am glad Maizie is feeling better. I hope you are too. I just started antibiotics for a sinus infection too. I hate them.

Happy July 4th to you and your family.
XOXO

Sheri said...

I was so thrilled to walk into the backyard and find you sitting there! I loved meeting Maizie and I am so glad that all the kids had so much fun!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Glad you guys are doing better! Our cats are the same way. But it's not limited to the computer. Anytime we're doing anything, they decide that is exactly when they absolutely have to have attention. Slappy used to eat the thread as it fed into my sewing machine when I was sewing! They both sit on Bob's sheet music when he's playing the guitar, and forget about exercising.

Unknown said...

Daly does the same thing whenever I have a book or the computer. SUddenly he feels I need to be giving him 100% of my attention. Silly animals :) .

Tara said...

Glad Maizie found a new friend and that you are feeling better. We are wanting a dog so much right now, but taking time to really think it through. Seeing Stella being cute here makes me want to run out and get a little beast now!

Angie said...

So very glad you guys came and everyone had a good time. We'll have to get together again soon, but on a smaller scale...