Picto Chat...A new way to Communicate?
Maizie and I tried out Picto Chat last night. We had fun writing one another. It took Maizie a while to feel confident drawing on the screen. When writing words she preferred to type rather than write freehand.
I drew the picture of Maizie and me on top and she drew the house with the rainbow. I became quite silly with my drawings but Maizie took it a tad more seriously. Finally, I wrote 'I love you Maizie' and she typed back her response.
I have a feeling Picto Chat will be a handy form of communication on the days Maizie seems to lose her words. Who would have thought? We are both looking forward to playing Picto Chat with Chloe who also has a DS.



19 comments:
My son got a DS for his birthday and our daughter already had one. They took them on our trip and chatted with each other even when they were right next to each other. It has been a boon for communication between them since our son's signing skills sometimes leave a bit to be desired.
How lovely! I'm glad that you and Maizie find so many creative and fun ways to communicate. :)
That's very cool! I hope you can print the pages out to keep, too!
My son has a DS, and we are planning on buying one for our daughter too -- as soon as we get the second one we will have to try that out! I bet my son would love it!
You've sold me, they look fun, and if they can encourage communication with our little ones, even better!
Thanks for sharing.
What a sweet, sweet thing to have for you both.
I'm looking forward to the day my daughter is able to type - I have a strange hunch that I'll get to know her thoughts and feelings even better.
What a wonderful tool to increase communication! It looks like fun but also gives Maizie the words she needs, when she is stuggling. Great idea.
Enjoy the week.
Ooh, this looks great... and even better if Maizie enjoys it!
That's really cool. Now I'm even more encouraged to get another.
I enjoyed the Good Morning America piece you shared.
This looks like it is really working Maizie and that the two of you are having fun. That's so great!
I like your new sidebar text about why you blog.
I am so behind the times on all that is techie. That game sounds great, and it sounds like an excellent tool for communication!
Wow, that's a really cool way to communicate. We will have to check it out. I can see a lot of people on the spectrum benifiting from Picto Chat. Thanks for letting us all know about it. : )
Oh how fun!
Suuuuuper cooooool. You always seem to find the coolest technology!
Too incredibly cool!!
I like the changes you made to the photo at the top of your blog. It's new, right?
This sounds like a fun learning tool. I would have to improve my pictionary skills in order to use it though.
that is really cool idea!
I got a kick out of how Maizie started her note, "Thank you for the note ...". How perfectly polite!
Joe
Post a Comment