Monday, September 29, 2008

Maizie's First Day at the Autism Center

Wahoo! Can you see the excitement in Maizie's face? Today was her first day at the Autism Center. The first day was short. She decorated her cubicle with a few Jonas Brothers posters, arranged her books and played some games with a few new friends.I took the ol' first day of school photo. Maizie cooperated for the first shot and then began chasing me. Notice the large back pack she picked out. She filled it with her lunch box, a Webkinz and a some knick knacks from her room. I am happy to say that Maizie was told to bring anything that would help her feel comfortable. I love this shot because you can see how ecstatic she is. School today did not begin until three thirty so she was antsy all day. Finally, I took her shopping for new school clothes. A great way to pass the time.

Her normal hours will begin around noon. Wonderful! This gives her plenty of time for her morning rest. If she has a CVS episode we won't end up missing school since they typically occur in the morning. To celebrate the first day we went out to dinner at Maizie's favorite Chinese restaurant. Once home she spent some time with the guinea pigs Salem and Zebra. Yes...those are cute lil' gingham dresses the guinea pigs are wearing. We purchased them for Louie's (Chloe's guinea pig) Birthday Party! Chloe & Susie are planning a kicking party. Zebra and Salem want to look their best.

34 comments:

Drama Mama said...

I am soooo happy about Maizie's new program.

Happy for her.

Happy for YOU.

xo

floating in space said...

I'm so happy that she's so happy!

EJ Willingham said...

Yay! Sounds like what a first day should be. Seems like maybe the stars are aligning for you all.

E

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she was excied. She looks great! How did it go?

Leightongirl said...

She is so beautiful and looks so very happy and proud. You must be an equally proud, happy mama. I hope you had a nice good cry too.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that Maizie is starting this new program. Can't wait to hear all about it. She looks so very, very happy. As always, great shots!
XXXX

kristina said...

And happy for the guinea pigs (?????----if they like gingham......).

Really glad to hear the first day went well. Make me wonder how Charlie would do if school started at noon. Look forward to hearing how it goes----

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh my Mazie looks so grown up and more and more like you with every passing month...now how is that possible? Those guinea pigs, how hilarious!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Great pictures! She looks sooo happy and excited! Yay!

JUST A MOM said...

I am so so so excited!!!! look at her she looks so grown up and excited to go great job mom and love the dresses.... see ya

Casdok said...

Oh i hope it all goes well! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - he face is just so joyful! That's wonderful! Glad she's feeling good about life (I read about her affirmation about being autistic, but my kids distracted me from commenting). She's got an awesome attitude as do you!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! She looks so happy. :)

Niksmom said...

OMG, Marla, this post made me smile so hard! Look at the smile on her face!! YAYYYYYY!!!

Ok, and those little gingham outfits? Crazy. But cute. :-)

BenefitScroungingScum said...

Oh I'm so pleased for you both Marla, big hugs! BG x

Anonymous said...

That program sounds perfect! She looks so happy. That had to make you feel just amazing :)

Suzanne said...

One more friend happy to see how happy M is.

Ashley's Mom said...

Such a well-dressed family :) I'm so happy for you all, and hope the rest of the week goes as well!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful breath of freshair Maizie is. She looks so very happy. It is obviously the right move.

I'm really happy for you.
CJ xx

Bobbi said...

That's great! She looks adorable and so do her guinea pigs! Too cute!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I hope her first day of school wen well! She looks very excited.
And the guinea pig dresses are tres cute!

Anonymous said...

The Autism Center seems to be agreeing with Maizie already...I am so happy to hear that it went well.
Now about the piggies...are we absolutely nuts to be buying clothes for them or what!? Can't wait to see all three of them dressed up together on Saturday~

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more! She looks so happy. And you must be so relieved.

Kelly said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys. I like how The Autism Center encourages Maizie to bring in her own items to make her feel comfortable. Keep us updated!

Julie L. said...

Hope all continues to go well with the school. It seems as if they listened and are being very accomodating. That's great news. : ) Loved all the clothes. This post featured quite a fashion show!

little.birdy said...

I forgot if I commented, so I'll go ahead and say YAY MAIZIE!!! Keep us posted! And those piggies are too cute!

Col said...

Woohoo Maizie!!!!

I'm so pleased for you both Marla.

The dress wearing guinea pigs with their lettuce on Maizie's lap are a hoot.

Tara said...

Maizie looks so happy to be headed off to school. Great photos!

Club 166 said...

It's great when kids are excited about school! That's the way it should be for all kids.

Good for Maizie.

Joe

p.s. I think I could live out of that backpack!

Bonnie said...

Ah, that's awesome. She looks great and excited. How did the first day go?

Those dresses on the guinea pigs should be illega they're so cute!

I'll be driving through your city tomorrow! I'll wave!

kristi said...

Fantastic, I hope she loves it!

Essential Amy said...

It sounds like a great place!!!I am sure you both will enjoy the time!

tulipmom said...

I can't wait to hear how her first day went. She looks so excited.

Anonymous said...

I've still got the giggles over those guinea pig dresses - LOL! :D

M looks so cute all dressed up for school -- so great that she's so excited!