Friday, October 31, 2008

Christian does not like the candy...I am drooling and the pumpkin that made me bleed.

Happy Halloween! Maizie had a great day at school. When I dropped her off they were all out in costumes playing with silly string. Maizie did not look pleased. Once I picked her up though she said, "Will you please...please...please...buy me some of that silly string." I was shocked. For Maizie to be willing to go near the stuff and then request it...wow!

One of Maizie's classmates was too cute wearing an elephant costume. I said, "Oh! You look so cute! You are an elephant." He replied, "No! I am not an elephant. I am Max in an elephant costume!" He made me repeat this information to be sure I had it correct. Yes. He proved me wrong indeed.After school we took off to Marie's house for dinner and trick or treating. At one point my thirteen year old nephew Daniel hid behind a house and jumped out and scared Christian. Daniel was not in a costume but his loud scream scared Christian. Joe and I were hoping to get through the night without a tear fest from Christian. No luck. Christian was at first stunned silent. Joe and I stared..waiting. Suddenly the cry came...no...more like a loud wail followed by crocodile tears and lots of shrieks. Not good.

Maizie being more patient than us at that moment went to Christian and asked, "Mom. Do you have a tissue." I did not. She leaned down and gently wiped Christian's tears away with her hand. Too sweet. This seemed to have an almost instant calming response from Christian.Back at the house Christian dumped out his bucket o' treats. Yes, he was very happy. Amazingly enough Christian will refuse the majority of his candy. He says, "My mom can eat it. I don't like this candy!" Must be nice. I was drooling at the site of the Hershey bars. Talk about tempting!Once back home we lit our pumpkins. Maizie's is on the top and the one that tried to butcher me is on the bottom. Yeah, it looks so satisfied after making me bleed. There was supposed to be a nose but we gave up after my tragic injury.;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

18 comments:

Maddy said...

Ah bless her. They can be so tender those moments. As for the pumpkin I think I would probably have that exact expression if I'd sheared off my thumb! It may have been a soothsayer!
Cheers

Bonnie said...

Ah, sounds like Maizie had a good day, and in the end Christian had fun as well (he's a cutie pie). I give you credit for displaying the pumpkin that almost killed you!
We trick or treated too. I swear it's now getting to the point where Casey is doing it more to make us happy! Lol

mumkeepingsane said...

How sweet! I love that she wiped away his tears.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the school is doing amazing work with her!! I love Maizie's costume. She is gorgeous :)
And it looks like the pumpkins were worth a little blood...they are really neat looking.

Travis Erwin said...

Looks like a nice haul ans sounds like a good night except for the tears.

Anonymous said...

Maizie's so sweet :-).

People always think James is sweet when babies are crying (not that I'm saying Christian is a baby, James could probably handle him crying :-) ), it's just that James will do anything, anything, to make babies stop. If they don't stop quickly, he starts to lose it.

How exciting on the silly string. It's the good peer pressure.

Tara said...

Christian and Maizie are so cute together. I love the anecdotes in this post. What sweet kids.

EJ Willingham said...

I've loved both of your Halloween posts. Hope your stitches are healing up OK. Our kids don't pay much attention to the candy, either...in fact, today, they seem to have forgotten all about it.

Osh said...

great pictures! And our kids do have that special love for the little ones I think...

ajklsdf said...

i'm so sorry about your hand!! i'm glad you're brave about stitches! I like your pumpkin anyway:)

Anonymous said...

Maizie has such a sweet and caring heart. I love seeing the new pictures of her.

It sounded like a wonderful Halloween overall. So sorry about your hand!

XXXXX

DJ Kirkby said...

Yay Mazie! That pumpkin almost looks good enough to have bled for...almost. Max was quite right y'ano...

Anonymous said...

How sweet! It's so great to watch kids taking care of each other.

Hope your hand is healing well!

I still did not get to watch that movie, and I don't think I'm going to. Much to graphic and scary.

Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Every time you post a picture of Christian I am stunned once again by his uncanny resemblance to Chicken Little.
Did he ever dress as Chicken Little for Halloween?
We went on a ghost walk last night in a historic neighborhood. It was completely outside. We didn't enter any of the buildings.
A girl who reminded me of Maizie kept asking her mother if we were going inside a real haunted house and would the ghosts jump out and scare her? It was more of a history tour with some stuff about old murders thrown in for atmosphere. No one was in costume. No one jumped out and yelled boo but she must have asked that question 50 times.
-Jill

Col said...

The pumpkins look just great. It's really interesting reading these Halloween posts as it's not really celebrated much in Australia.

Drama Mama said...

Are you okay?

I can't believe how grown up Maizie looks! She's so lovely...

Dad Stuff said...

Nice pumpkins. Looks like you had good weather for Halloween too. Glad you guys had fun.

floating in space said...

OUCH! I hope your thumb is feeling better. Despite your mishap, it looks like everyone had fun.