Halloween Changes
Halloween has always been Maizie's favorite holiday. Every year Maizie would Trick or Treat with her cousin Daniel and Christian. This will be the first year Maizie and Christian will be apart on Halloween.
I called Christian today, he has yet to talk to me or Maizie on the phone since we moved to Iowa. He refuses because he misses us too much. Christian came here for a week and we had so much fun. I often wish he was home schooled along with Maizie so I could bring him here during the school year too. I miss him terribly. I miss Daniel too but Daniel is a moody teenager and not so easy to please. Daniel, if you read this you know what I mean and you know that I love you dearly.
Daniel as a Mr. Potato Head and Maizie the Clown.
Daniel the Wizard and Maizie the Lil'Witch. This picture is great because Daniel is looking at the owl he is holding and making it fly. I love the look they both have on their faces. They were both at that age where they believed in magic and it was endearing.
This is my favorite costume Maizie has had so far and I love love love this picture.
Christian as Spider Man with a bucket on his head and Maizie as a Midnight Fairy.
Christian as Ben 10 and Maizie as some other kind of fairy. Guess what Maizie is going to be this year? A Bat Fairy. Another black costume with wings. I notice a pattern here.
Christian with that happy grin that makes me just want to eat him up. Below is Maizie. I remember taking this photo. Maizie was so proud because she had won an award at school that day. She wore it proudly on her sweater. I think the award was for being a line leader but I'm not sure. Maizie was obsessed with being the line leader.
This Halloween is sure to be special with Chris's girls. I will be thinking though of my little guy Christian and I know he will be thinking of me and Maizie.
Maybe....just maybe one of these days Christian will be willing to talk to me on the phone. My divorce and the move has been hard on more than just me and Maizie. Christian and Daniel lost an uncle that they had once looked up to. Christian's best little friend and aunt moved hours away. Adults are often forced to make tough decisions and it is difficult to watch the consequences our little ones face because of our choices. And yet, that is life.
This year Christian is going to be Darth Vader which I think is totally cool. Oh, and this year I'm going to try real hard not to cut myself carving the pumpkins.



8 comments:
Sorry you're having problems with the services thing. Same stuff-different state. Perhaps when it's all sorted out it will be better.
At least you're not living next to a crack house, eh?
Have a Happy Halloween!
Joe
I like the pictures. Yes, my dearly beloved son(Daniel) is a moody teenager. I love him though at times we butt heads a lot.We will miss you to. I need to go get to school and see Christian in his parade.
Marie
Love the costumes! I wish I was as creative as you.
What great pictures! I hope you guys have a Happy Halloween!
You take beautiful pictures! The kids look so happy and cute! Would've been really nice if Maizie and Christian are able to trick or treat together.
I love that picture of Maizie as Lil' Witch too. She looked so sweet and happy there.
Oh, yeah. I love the "line leader" photo the best. You can feel the triumph.
Sweet Pea used to be obsessed with being the line leader in pre-school. Now she just wants to run and swim faster than all the boys.
Joe
Beautiful photos! Happy halloween!
Change is always tough, even when it is for the best. I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween. I LOVE your pictures Marla. It is so wonderful to see the children change through the years.
Post a Comment