Text Messaging, Agility and Slugs
Maizie wanted to get a hold of her Aunt Melissa today to ask her what her Uncle Tim's favorite color was. First we tried texting and then Maizie tried to leave a voice message. I don't think that worked out the first time. Maizie was confused on when to begin talking. Tonight Maizie said,"Mom...will you please send a text message to Melissa again!" I thought it was so cute to hear Maizie asking me to text a message. I did not know she even remembered the term 'text messaging'. I had tried teaching her how to do it a few days ago on the cell phone. She thought it was super cool to write notes using the phone. A tad bit too complicated for her to master at this point. But, hey...some adults have no clue how to text so she is one up on at least understanding what it is and how it is done. I am a text addict. Mindy and I text one another several times a day. Joe always says, "Why don't you just call her?" He even changed my cell phone plan so I can text all I want by proving to the cell phone company I text more than I talk.
Maizie called Mel again tonight and left a brief and to the point message. Then, we moved back to texting. As we were texting Mel finally called. Maizie answered and asked her long awaited question. Despite Tim's card being sealed and ready to mail she pursued in finding out Tim's favorite color. I think the answer was green. Maizie felt great that her mission for the day was finally complete.
Earlier today Maizie and I walked one of her cards down to John and Cindy's. Maizie walked Darwin and I walked Stella. Maizie and I are having fun training the dogs. Soon we are going to try making some home made agility obstacles. We ordered a book on how to teach agility. It should be an interesting challenge. Maizie also ordered her own dog breed book. We did not get to look through it today but will do so soon.
Poor Joe was up sick all night last night. I think it had something to do with the several super mint Oreo cookies he ate but he does not agree. Anyway, he slept most of the day. He certainly deserved a day of rest after caring for me! By three Maizie and I were antsy to get to the library. I am ready to drive but I could not carry the bucket of books we had reserved. Luckily, Joe was feeling better and went to the library with us to act as our muscle man. Maizie had reserved some books on slugs and apple orchards. The apple books were hard to find. I think every teacher in the city must have them checked out for the fall. Since our sidewalks are crawling with huge, nasty slugs we decided to learn a bit more about them. The only thing we really knew from our own observations is that they are big and super sticky! If you hold one the slime is almost impossible to wash off.



3 comments:
it's good you have joe around to be your hulky lover man to carry your books and things...that is a nice feature in a husband :)
maizie is too cute! her voicemail was adorable! "...tim's favorite color" click. hee hee!
Yeah, I made him go back to the library again tonight. He is so helpful.
did you make him go just to see him flex?
Post a Comment