Nothing New and A Neighbor Rants
I am feeling much better. My swelly belly is making me a tad frustrated. I am forcing myself to take it easy. If you don't, you risk causing adhesions which are painful and can cause all kinds of trouble.
Enough on that riveting subject. I have been walking Stella twice a day. A short walk but a walk nonetheless. Stella is amazing on the leash. She heels and sits so easy. We are still working on the 'down' command. She immediately rolls to her back. I am not sure how to stop her from doing that. The biggest problem we are having is teaching Stella how to go down our amazingly steep steps. She has gained another five pounds so I really should not be carrying her down the steps. She went from ten pounds to fifteen in what felt like a flash. Her legs are looking more gangly. I caught Darwin and Stella spooning one another today while napping. Adorable. I wanted to take a photo but I knew the minute I walked by them Stella would move.
This weekend we did not do much at all. No dinners out, no guests over...just lots of naps, cuddling on the couch and watching television. Maizie watched High School Musical 2 and loved it. I must say it was pretty cute. Joe and I enjoyed Disturbia. I can see why the critics said it was like a modern Hitchcock movie. Tonight we finished up the first season of Monk. Cindy will be excited. She has been wanting to get her hands on it since we bought it. Joe and Maizie had a date today to see Evan Almighty. Maizie loves her movie dates with Dad.
We did go to church today. It was great to be able to get up and function and make it to church. It was not easy to sit for the whole hour. Everyone was happy to see us. I can't say I was very talkative but I was there! I feel so thankful for all of the help our church has given us. Activities for Maizie, phone calls to see how I am and lots of cards and prayers. I love our church. Maizie is excited to begin Sunday School next week. We also being Bible Study this week.
Not much new to be blabbing about on my blog today. Oh, I did have an annoyingly bizarre encounter with a neighbor today. I was taking Stella out to go potty and heard a woman in the apartment speaking to someone saying, "I am gonna call the landlord if that bitch don't start picking up that dog shit all over. I can't even walk in the yard it's so fu***** bad!"
I was enjoying my time outside watching the squirrels harass Stella before this annoying woman was making her thoughts known. Joe and I keep the yard very clean. I don't know what compelled her to begin her rant. Yup. I really wanted to move today after that.
This weekend was the historic neighborhood tour. For two days people pay to walk around our neighborhood and tour the houses that have been fixed up and retain some of their historic aspects. Our house was on the tour once. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. Next year our house will be looking nicer. With this surgery Joe has been too busy helping Maizie and I have been too busy sleeping to get much yard work done. The neighborhood association encourages more single family dwellings. I am glad for that. Neighbors like ours really suck. Families tend to have more pride in ownership. The apartments around here are so incredibly inexpensive to rent that you never know who you are going to get living next door. Granted, we have rented in two historic apartments on Berry when we were first married. But, I think we would have been considered exceptional renters. Okay. Enough on that. I know I am just venting. Tomorrow will be a better day. There are many beautiful aspects of our neighborhood and I should not let our neighbors get me down. But, that is easier said than done.




2 comments:
crazy ass neighbor lady! that sucks! maybe you should invite her over for a heart to heart...or give her a key to your house to show that you have neighborly trust in her and want to be closer...that'd really make her feel bad for talk t-rash! there was a neighbor of tim's parents that put a sign in their yard addressing the dog poop left in their yard. it was hillarious! i huge ass sign. then, one day there was another sign going off even more...then another! three signs! the best part was, right by every sign there was always a new and fresh pile of dog shit! ha! i wish i had my blog then because they would ahve been hillarious pictures!
That would have been too funny! It is their yard....I guess. But it is so there and so convenient for us.
Post a Comment