Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why I Eat Chocolate in The Tub and Other Bizarre Relaxation Techniques

Every now and then I feel stressed. Can you believe it? Me....stressed? When life gets too overwhelming I like to do something special for myself. I fill up the tub with water that is way too hot for human life (according to Joe...last time he checked it was 160 degrees) and climb in the tub with a good book by my side. Most importantly, I bring a handful of chocolate candies. It could be my favorite candy bar...a Whatchamacallit. Other times I line the side of the tub with those flavored tootsie rolls. When I am really stressed I take in a big bag of Swedish Fish...my favorite candy.There is nothing like relaxing in a hot tub while slowly enjoying your favorite candy. Once I eat the yummy candy I read a good book. Try it! It really is a good time.

What is your favorite way to relax? Hey.....don't just think about it...let me know by leaving a comment. I may have to give it a try.

By the way, I have no idea who that woman is in the tub. I bet you she is eating chocolate though...she looks so happy and relaxed! Apparently, she does not have to take a bath in my tub!
Ha! Ha! Just joking! Our tub is sparkly clean. Well, kind of. Stella likes to climb in it and leaves little paw prints behind. There are always Polly Pockets and Barbies staring at me too. That can be disturbing so be sure and remove all children's toys from the tub before you par take in this activity.

11 comments:

Casdok said...

Great pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Marla, thanks for visiting my blog :)

I like to destress by calling my best friend and having a laff!!! We laugh till we cry, literally, we can piss ourselves laughing. tehe

Otherwise, kick boxing is a really good way to release tension which, for me, is the cause of a lot of irritation and lethargy.

ps: there's no way i can eat in the bath and a double ps, i dont take baths... shower's just fine thank you! :)

Marla said...

Kickboxing sounds great. Laughing is totally the best!

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of the bath too - especially with chocolate! Trouble is I usually fall asleep and wake up all waterlogged and wrinkly!

Anonymous said...

Kreig says "sex" is the BEST tension reliever (typical horney male).

Me, I wait for a gloomy, rainy day, get a great movie, or particular "L" series (ha ha)and lay on the couch all day. Now mind you, this RARELY happens as I am so busy. Most of the time I go for the alternative....cook. Cooking and trying new recipes reduces my stress. Yeah yeah, weird.

Marla said...

elissa, I have been close to falling asleep in the tub a few times. My daughter loves the tub too and always comes out looking like a raisin.

Marla said...

mindy, Yes, typical male. When I am really really stressed sex is the last thing on my mind. Cooking is certainly not on my relaxation list! I just don't get that. Joe likes to cook for relaxation too. I guess I am lucky for that!

Ritzman said...

I'd like to try your tub method sometime, but I'm afraid I'd get my book wet.

I usually kick back with friends and wine, not cigarettes anymore!

How did you get a picture of my tub???
How embarassing! :P

Marla said...

Yeah! So glad you are doing well with not smoking. Having watched Joe struggle with that so many times I know it must be tough. I take in books I buy so they can get a bit wet. Keep a hand towel handy and they are fine. Don't you just love that tub picture. Ah, luxurious. Thanks for your comment. Tell the girls hello!

Melissa Jo said...

ah, a tub sounds nice now!to relax i'm really digg'n yoga! but sometimes finding the motivation can be hard! ha! usually i like to walk the pooch or just take a NAP!!!! and eating ice cream has to be the ultimate! it doesn't help that the worlds best ice cream is only one minute from myhouse! i want some NOW!

Marla said...

I cream does sound good. But I don't think I would eat that in the tub. But, hey...anything is possible. Did you practice the IV's on Tim? Mom said you would never do that. I am waiting for some pics of him in whincing in agony. Miss you too much for words my sweet pet! How is Weeds going?