Thursday, October 25, 2007

Christmas In October? Who Weighs More?

Tonight we had dinner with Joe's sister. She is engaged and doing well. We had not seen her in quite a few years. Her fiance Steve is a nice guy. Maizie was thrilled because Angie brought her a wrapped gift. It was a large My Little Pony where you can decorate the hair. She loves it. That was very sweet of Angie and helped Maizie have a relaxed dinner.

For some reason Maizie began asking if she could see all of our Christmas decorations once we went home. My answer was a big no on that one. I hate getting all that stuff out at Christmas time yet alone in October! Joe negotiated with her and agreed to bring up the nativity scene for her to play with. After digging through some boxes he found the figurines and she was satisfied. Satisfied for about ten minutes of play that is.

Now she has moved on to something else. Out of the blue she is asking us what we weigh and what we think all of our families and friends weigh. With each number she is writing it down and placing it in a wooden box. She says she is going to see who is the "biggest" and they will win something. I can't stop laughing with each name she says. I really don't want to speculate on what my friends weigh or my family members. I asked her who she thinks weighs more than anyone and with a real big smile she said with great excitement, "Daddy!" Joe's mouth drops open. Then I ask who weighs the least and she says real fast like, "You Mom!" I reply, "Good answer! Good answer!" Check out Maizie's blog for pictures of Maizie and Christian doing home schooling work today. It was nice including Christian. He had a great time. I also posted a story about training Stella on the Dog Park Blog.

7 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

i would like to know who is the 400 lb number in there?

Marla said...

I sure hope it was not me! Maizie's perception of weight is God's own private mystery! Don't worry she said you weigh 80 pounds!

Anonymous said...

We have age guessing in our house - becomes a bit embarrasing when the neighbours are all 'subjects to ask'!!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention, the photo of Maizie is gorgeous - she is very photogenic.

Holly said...

That is so cute. We do something similiar with ages. DS has learned to guess DH is ooold and I am young. :-)

Anonymous said...

My daughter told me today that I have a big bottom. Lovely child.

Crystal xx

Marla said...

Elissa-Thank you! We have never done the age guessing. We will have to try that.

Holly- You do age guessing too. With Maizie who knows how she would decide age. Time passing eludes her. We keep working on it though.

Crystal- That is too funny. Maizize has said the same to me. Before and after my surgery she would say, "Mom! Are you gonna have a baby?" Great. Thanks a lot child, thanks a lot. Lovely.