Over Doing It...Again, Bedroom Mess, My Big Sister's Cane and Hair Cut Questioning
Sunday did not turn out as planned. That is totally my fault too. I over scheduled, over did and expected too much from Maizie as a result. I missed out on church and a meeting I was supposed to attend. I have got to make my Saturday's lazier so Sundays go better. Maizie had a great time playing with friends on Saturday and seeing the play but on Sunday she was very tired. I should have known not to push her but after our long week I wanted to get out.
Luckily, she slept in for the first time in days. She did not wake up until 11 in the morning! I too slept late and then went back to bed around noon and slept till four! My belly was burning and I figured a day of rest was in order. Maizie was just about as out of it as me so Joe sat around working online. First though....I better mention what else he did......he raked all the leaves and swept between the houses. Joe also made a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies. They were awesome. In between sleeping I ate way too many of Joe's cookies. They were picture perfect but I was too lazy on Sunday to take pictures of them.
Late on Sunday I sent Joe and Maizie to the dog park so I could clean Maizie's room. It took me two hours to reorganize everything. It was the perfect time to get rid of some old nasty toys too. Maizie will never know the difference. Now there will be room to put Christmas and birthday toys.
This room was a result of Christian being over, Chloe and Maralyn. It was no child's fault or mother's fault! Susie offered to help clean up the mess but some messes are just best left for later. I would not let her help me. At that point it was not as bad as seen above. As the weekend went on the room became worse and worse. I tried cleaning it before Maralyn came over but Joe told me that was just crazy. I insisted that they could not play with the room being messy. I took Joe's advice and let the room go. The total disaster was completed Saturday night. I could not get up the energy to clean it until Sunday night. We were actually going to have Janeen and Brian and their two little ones over Sunday night for dinner. I felt so tired and nasty Sunday I had to cancel. Not to mention there was no way I wanted to have friends over with the room like that nor did I want to clean up the mess for company. If I did clean it I knew I would have had to clean up another mess after they left. With out a play room in our house Maizie's small room takes a beating.
I am happy to say that the room is perfectly organized and put together at this point in time. I wonder how many minutes that will last? Maizie keeps a room pretty organized. She has an obsessive mom so she has been well trained. But, when a friend comes over I am not sure what happens. They move from toy to toy and it just becomes chaos.
Monday I ran errand after errand and felt like I accomplished nothing. I hate that. Stella's stitches ripped open. Surprise! I knew they would. She is so wild and hyper that her continuous running and playing are impossible to stop. I picked up an antibiotic at the vet and have been cleaning the area with peroxide and then putting Neosporin on it several times a day. She promptly licks the area after each application. I can not wait till she is better and we can get her out and about more. I have increased her crate time to help her heal and rest. I know she is not liking that at all.
Last night Maizie stayed over at my sister Marie's and I painted Marie's cane that I had promised to do weeks ago. I love it but I am not so sure Marie likes it. It is more my style than hers. I wanted it to look strong and match anything she wears. I offered to add some more pink to it but she said it was growing on her. I hope she does like it. If not, I will be passing it on to my mom to make it more girly or pretty looking. I just don't have that skill. My stuff always ends up looking like me. I put flames on the bottom of the cane. I like that touch. Marie was laughing when she saw that.
Maizie loved the cane. She said it looked cool. Since Maizie has good taste I took that as a complement. My sister Marie had a stroke when she was six years old and was paralyzed on her left side as a result. My Dad has always painted her canes since then. I think he has always done a great job. Maybe he will add to it. It could be a family art piece! How cool would that be?
Maizie has been doing better. She has went three days with no seizures and her energy level seems to be getting a bit better. I am not certain if it is the new medication or her stress level decreasing after the vacation. I never stop questioning and boy is it an exhausting process. I called the cardiologist Susie has recommended to me today and she is traveling until mid November. She will call me as soon as she gets back to schedule. I know she is really good so I am willing to wait until she returns.
Tonight I took Maizie to get her hair cut. I had gotten mine cut last night and just happened to get an appointment set for Maizie today. Maizie was not too thrilled. I had to bribe her with earning a prize. Luckily, I had a white cape I bought for her Halloween costume set back. Maizie does okay getting her hair cut. It was not always that way. I used to take her to a hairdresser, Rachel (Melissa's friend and Maizie's old babysitter) who would move a stool outside to cut her hair since the smells and sounds would send Maizie into a screaming rage. When the rages were too intense I would cut it little by little while she slept or in the bathroom while she ate candy to occupy her thoughts. That was a mess since most candy is sticky and hair would cling to the candy. Yuck.
Now, her main difficulty is being touched and having to sit still. She leans so far forward the hairdresser has to keep saying, "Sit back a bit. Put your head up." Her head droops low and makes for a difficult time cutting. I had never taken Maizie to see this hair dresser, he name is Amy and she is my friend Mindy's step sister. Maizie did pretty good.
Before we went Maizie asked me a million questions. Here are a few of them. What is the chair like? Will Amy be nice? What color is her hair? What does she look like? Will she wear shoes? Will she put a towel around my head? Will the towel be white? I don't want that towel around my neck! Will she spray water in my eyes? Will she comb my hair? Will there be noise? Will she dry my hair? What color is the cape? I am a kid I don't want a cape! Will she comb my hair? Will she wash my hair? Will she spray my hair? You get the picture.
It is all about preparation for what to expect. We had never been to this salon so I should have known what I would be in for. Once in the hair cutting chair she was practically silent. She asked Amy who the kids were in one of her photos and talked a little bit about what Christian likes. It was cute. She did really well. If I would not have taken the time to answer all of those questions with a big ol' smile she would have had a huge melt down.
Tonight she went to bed pretty early! Yes! I have some quiet time. We managed to get some home schooling done after dinner. Thank goodness for the flexibility of homeschooling. Tonight we did lots of math and Maizie got the giggles. Trying to work with her when that happens is a real pain but cute nonetheless.
I am off to do my lovely exercise routine and complete my bible study for tomorrow. I am thinking positive that Maizie will wake up and feel like a million bucks tomorrow! Hey, maybe I will too!



4 comments:
Oh my God...Maizie's room!!! Next time we are going to help clean before we leave...that is ridiculous!
I think I remember that Dr. G travels overseas every year at this time...this is the time of year that we were referred, and since she was gone we had to see someone else initially. Chances are you will feel very comfortable with her and she will be worth waiting for.
Susie
Susie, You know I don't mind about the room. That was after three different kids were here playing!
I am anxious to see Dr. G and get it done with! Since you like her I know she will be excellent!
Oh my gosh! The same thing happens in my kids' rooms. It is confounding, but after a few different visits from friends, it looks like their rooms have never once been organized and I end up spending hours I didn't intend to spend, cleaning up. Oh well, you know at least that there was some FUN being had! Thanks for posting this. I was laughing and was glad to know I'm not the only mom this happens to.
So glad to hear that Maize is feeling better. Hope it continues.
Angie....I am glad I am not the only mom too! What a mess. I love having kids over but when I think about the mess some days it just seems like too much!
Post a Comment