Monday, December 3, 2007

Alex and Maizie

Sunday we went to lunch with my little sister Melissa and her daughter Alex who turns two today! Happy Birthday Alex!!

We went to our favorite restaurant Mi Pueblo. Alex enjoyed a huge soda all to herself. After a while she wanted to sit by her cousin Maizie. Maizie loves Alex very much. Sitting side by side while Maizie is trying to do her "list making" is another story all together.

At first Maizie was trying hard to be patient. But, Alex being the big girl that she is wanted to write just like Maizie. She even wanted to write on Maizie's paper!
Maizie was pretty upset when Alex took her pencil. She tried to divert her attention with a High School Musical sticker. Alex had no interest.


I love the picture below. Alex kept leaning in as if she was expecting Maizie to teach her something. Maizie was actually lecturing about how Alex had her pencil and she just had to have it back right away!


I gave Alex a shiny purple pen but Alex was not happy and still wanted the pencil. I am not sure but I think the shot below was taken right after Melissa handed me the pencil. Everyone is in shock.


Maizie looks pleased and Alex slowly goes into a nice little temper tantrum.


Maizie goes back to a flurry of list making while we try and occupy Alex with alternative writing utensils, paper and stickers.

Soon, Maizie sees that Alex is relentlessly pursuing the pencil and makes a classic look of disgust seen below. Ah, such sweet little children. Soon we will be traveling to stay with Alex for a few days. I can only imagine how my sweet little two year old niece is going to rock Maizie's very orderly world!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Maizie attempted to keep her happy while she was trying to keep herself happy. That was incredibly smart!!

Holly said...

Nothing like a 2 year old to wreck havoc.

Angie said...

Both girls are so beautiful. Cousins are the greatest! But you ain;t kidding, they can rock each other's worlds.

Anonymous said...

These pictures tell the best story!!! (I love the last one!)

And a big happy birthday to Alex! - she must share a birthday with Annie (December 3rd?).

Suzanne said...

Love the illustrated blog. Be sure you bring extra pencils when you go visit Alex.

Marla said...

fxsmom-True! It was smart. I did not really think about that.

Holly- Two year olds are pretty wild!

Angie-Thanks! I do think they are quite adorable!

Elissa-Yes, Alex did turn three on December 3rd. Just like Annie! No wonder they are both so cute!

Suzanne-Great advice!

Elizabeth McClung said...

That was the first genuine laugh I've had today so thanks for that and points to Maizie for hanging tough; though I feel bad for Alex who is only trying to do the highest form of flattery; imitation.

Marla said...

Eliz-Thanks! That is high praise!

kristina said...

Just what I realize Charlie is missing out on---someone to disrupt his order! Happy Birthday Alex and hope everyone left smiling.