Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bobolate! Anthropolgie! Noiseless!

Here is a picture of my niece Alex crawling through this big tube we gave her for Christmas. She loves it. Melissa and I thought about trying it out but we could just picture ourselves becoming stuck.

Alex loves hot chocolate. She enjoys drinking it with a big soup spoon or the good ol' fashioned way. Either way....she makes one heck of a mess. After wards she burped and said, "I urp bobolate." So cute!

We finally left the house today! We had enjoyed a nice walk yesterday when it was freakishly warm here. Of course today the rain is back and it is cold again. Did I ever mention how much I think Indiana weather sucks. I know. We could have had the ice storms. I am thankful that missed us.

Anway, we went to my favorite store. I have only ever shopped at Anthropolgie online so when Melissa told me they had a store nearby in Ohio I was thrilled. With Alex and Maizie in tow however our shopping time was very limited. Maizie did a great job trying to keep Alex entertained but after about fifteen minutes Alex was causing a scene. That is what two year olds live for. Maizie said, "Melissa....everyone kept looking at us in that store! They were looking at us because of Alex." Very perceptive!
Tonight Melissa and I left the girls with Tim and headed to Target. I must say the Target here was not that great. Very small with very few clearance areas. Oh, well. I still managed to spend too much money. It was lots of fun wandering the aisles with my sister. She is trying to talk us into moving to Guilford. I just don't think I could do it. Where we live now we are close to everything. Right in the middle of the city. It is beautiful here. Very quiet. I have not heard any sirens or hooting and hollering since we have been here.

Have you ever been somewhere so quiet and you are not used to it. It kinda makes your ears feel funny. When I try and fall asleep I am like, "Where are the cars zooming by? No excitement! No freaky people walking around at all hours of the day and night." I just can't sleep as well. I guess it is all what you are used to! I suppose I would become accustomed to this quiet country life. I am sure my dogs would love it!

Yesterday when we were out walking the neighborhood Maizie was able to walk about two blocks without breaking down. She was totally at ease. Makes me wonder how much of her walking problems are sensory overload difficulties. Living in the quiet country would possibly be a benefit to her.

4 comments:

MOTHER OF MANY said...

I love to shop and when I visited my daughter in the USA I LOVED TARGET.
Beauty however is not brilliant at shopping and even if we try her without her wheelchair she will still insist on getting into the shopping trolley.

I have been Christmas tagged,I wondered if you would like to join in , if you would then check out my blog.

Anonymous said...

It is funny what you get used to - the quiet life or the noisy / busy life...
We moved from the city to the country a few years ago, and now struggle with 'city life' when we visit.
... And in a crazy moment I once did attempt to crawl through one of those tubes when playing with my kids - not a good idea, I spent the next 15 minutes desperately trying to pull myself out of it (with the kids trying to help and my husband just laughing at me - not a pretty sight!!!).
xx

Melissa Jo said...

I am so glad you guys came to visit! You really should move here! It'd be too fun! And you get use to the quiet. It's nice. Adds years to your life. Can't wait to have you visit again!

Marla said...

Mother- Thanks for the tag! I will do that when I get back home! So glad you were able to experience Target!

Elissa-I can just picture you crawling through that tube! Melissa did it tonight and was laughing so hard.

Melissa-I can't wait to come back and visit soon!