Monday, December 24, 2007

Maizie was Ten All Day Today!

Tonight we had some friends over for Christmas Eve. We had planned to fill Maizie's room with balloons the night before her birthday but Christian was sleeping on the floor and we figured he would not have appreciated being covered with balloons.

What are friends for? To help you blow up close to one hundred balloons! Pat and I got to laughing a few times and kept spitting out the balloons. The dogs are now officially desensitized to balloons.

We had to haul them all upstairs so we put them on a large blanket, folded in the corners and headed up the stairs. Once in Maizie's room Joe and I let go of one corner and you could hear a "swoosh" sound as the balloons fell to the floor. At one point Maizie woke up and I quickly leaned forward, blocking her view and said, "Oh...go back to sleep sweetie...we are just folding up this blanket." Amazingly enough she just nodded and rolled over and fell right to sleep! Whew! That was lucky!

Now we just have to pray that no balloons pop in the middle of the night. That would be bad. We wondered if this would scare Maizie in some way but all agreed she is wild about balloons and will probably get a kick out of it! I hope we are right!

Right before bed Maizie said, "I can't believe I was ten all day today!" Too cute!

7 comments:

VAB said...

Happy Birthday, Maizie. Our guy is petrified of balloons (can't handle the pop or the potential of popping) that he is reluctant to be within ten feet of one, so having his room filled would be like the ninth circle of Dante's inferno for him, but for someone who loves balloons, what a fantastic way to wake up!

Merry Christmas, you guys.

Elizabeth McClung said...

That was great - 10 all day! And all those balloons - you are a great mom!

Casdok said...

Wow!! Hope Maizie liked all the balloons!!
Hope you have a lovely day.
Love Cas and C xx Big hug to Maizie!!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Maizie! You sure do have a fun family.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maizie!!!
Love and hugs from us all xx

mommy~dearest said...

Awesome that you were able to pull off the balloons! I tried it once with my son, but I kept getting lightheaded. Not such a good idea if you're trying to do it solo.

Marla said...

Thank you everyone! I love reading your comments and do appreciate them!