Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas! Maizie woke me up this morning saying, "Mom....mom....Santa came!" When I came to I said, "Did you notice anything else different about this morning?" She smiled real big and said, "Balloons!" She was pretty happy with her room full of balloons. Tonight she made a 'balloon store' and was writing words for various emotions on each balloon. Everything from happy, sad to mad. She then put a sign on her door that said, 'Balloon Store Open Today'. Sometimes the simple and cheap surprises are the best kind.
When Maizie saw Santa she had asked for one thing...the Holiday Barbie. As you can see by her smile she was pretty thrilled Santa remembered. Later she said this, "See Daddy I told you I don't have to "hope". Joe asked what she meant and she said, "I don't have to hope for the Barbie because Santa remembered!" I wonder how long she will continue believing in Santa. There have been a few times I thought Maizie knew we were really Santa. I think she may know and just keeps playing along. Time will tell.
Darwin and Stella were so cute watching Maizie open presents today. You can see some pictures of them here. Be sure and check out Wordless Wednesday of Stella! Maizie and I dressed her up real cute like today.
This afternoon we went to my parent's house for dinner. We had such a great time. My little sister Melissa gave the ugly glass cat to my older sister Marie. It is an ongoing tradition to write something special on the cat and pass it on every couple of years. An ongoing cheesy gift of sorts.
I love the picture of Mom with Maizie below. Very sweet. My mom gave me the Lewis Carroll Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass books. They have the original art work in them and are just beautiful. I am so crazy about them. They were printed in 1946. Very cool.
Little Maizie had fun smelling every perfume at Von Maur before deciding to get me my favorite Lolita Lempicka. It smells awesome.
Joe is sleeping in his new comfy chair. He said his most favorite gift was from me. Two cards. Each identical. I bought the same card twice! So, I wrote something special in both of them. An example of my ongoing, post surgery, "brain fog".
Now tomorrow we get back in the swing of things again. I am relieved and yet I always feel a little sad. I hope everyone had a wonderful day today. Merry Christmas!



8 comments:
The look on Maizie's face is priceless. What a sweet girl. Glad you guys had a great day.
xo
I know what you mean about feeling relieve but a little sad----looking forward hear to the return to something more routine, but enjoy all the tumult and celebrating of the holidays. Maizie sure looks like she loves that Barbie!
Wow! Maizie looks so excited about the Holiday Barbie!!!
So glad you all had such a wonderful day xx
What a beautiful Christmas! God bless.
Maizie looks so happy in those pictures!
Scott's family has one of those kind of gifts. It's called the "mouse bunnies". It's this hideous windchime made of that 70's macrame rope and lime green and yellow ceramic mice. Whenever someone in the family moves, it is presented as a house warming present from them previous recipient who is more than happy to pass them on. :) Glad you enjoyed your Christmas.
drama mama-Thanks! She was quite happy!
Kristina-Routine is good!
Elissa-It was her favorite gift. Amazingly enough it has not been stripped of its pretty dress yet. Usually all Barbies end up naked within minutes.
Sandy-Thank you!
Tulip mom-Thanks!
Angie-Wow! That sounds way worse than the glass cat!
The balloons sound like they were a brilliant idea.
Post a Comment