Ours is a culture that emphasizes cure, or, short of that, immediate relief from symptoms, so that we can carry on with our busy lives. Unfortunately, in our cultural denial of the reality of chronic illness and disability, we frequently silence the voices of those who cannot deny it. Marsha Saxton and Florence Howe (1987)
Maizie & Zebra
Playing Candy Land Together
Zebra & Mimi in Conversation
Maizie & Christian
Me and Little Miss Mimi
Melissa (my sweet sister pet), Alex and baby Sam on the way
Followers
Why Do I Blog?
All That is Dazlious is a place for me to share my photography, insights, joys and struggles. In everyone's life there are challenges and joys. I want to capture these moments and share them with other parents who are going through similar experiences. Blogging has opened a new world of support for me.
My daughter was born with a rare chromosome disorder, is Autistic and struggles with Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. Reaching a diagnosis took years and yet I celebrate my daughter for exactly who she is.
It is my belief that Autism is a genetic disorder and that there is no cure. My goal is to help my daughter be the person God has called her to be.
I may share what I have learned or find valuable in regards to my daughter’s diagnosis.
I do not claim to have the answers in regards to Autism, chromosome disorders or CVS. How I choose to help my daughter progress is a personal and difficult decision. I respect that others may choose different paths for progress.
Our journey has only just begun and it is my hope that in sharing bits and pieces of it with you that I will see the goodness and progress within my life and Maizie's.
I enjoy reading the blogs of other parents raising children with special needs. Reading blogs written by individuals with Autism and/or chromosome disorders is another way I gain insight, education and ideas for caring for my daughter.
I hope you enjoy reading about our dazlious and not so dazlious moments.
10 comments:
A laptop with feet, lol ! Fortunately they are clean (I checked !)
Look at those winkum dinkum little toesies!
Best wishes
This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.
Gattina-Thanks for stopping by! I am glad they are clean too! I never stopped to even think about it. Whew! It was after bath time though.
Maddy-What a cute saying! I love her little toes. Not many toes I like....but Maizie's are indeed special. :)
love those naked piggies!
Awesome pic!
I love the curl of her toes!
These toes are deep in thought!!!
xx
lol that's what kaylie looks like when I let her on here
Great comments everyone! I know...I am so in love with the curls of her toes in that picture too!
you know what i wanted to do when i saw this pic? i want to see what's on her screen!!! hahaha nosy me!
it's a cool pic btw!
daisy of http://www.rainydazeee.com/
Post a Comment