Friday, March 14, 2008

Scrabble Night

I spoke too soon...again. Maizie was in a lot of pain tonight and sat with the heating pad on her belly all evening. Her anxiety is so high over every little thing. The day was going well and then BOOM! Again. Sigh.

Tonight we had some friends over and played a really terrible game of Scrabble. I wondered if we were being moody but we all agreed it was a bad game. The words were short and cramped into one section. Pat won...as usual.

You gotta check out the little photo story I did at Dog Park Days. It is pretty cute!

11 comments:

Angie said...

I haven't played scrabble for ages. It was a favorite game my mom and I used to play when I was growing up and well, when I was grown up to you! I think at this point though, I would have to settle for 3 and 4 letter words. My vocabulary isn't so active these days. :)

Melissa Jo said...

i'm sorry maizie isn't feeling well! what a bummer! i'm thinking of you guys! wish i could come home and visit you! sigh....sigh again....lonely lonely guilford. you could come here :) hee hee! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Gosh it really is taking one moment at a time isn't it? I read about your lunch earlier today, and then came back later to comment... and my heart went out to you... I really feel for you with this post.
Little by little, bit by bit, hang in there...
Much love and hugs xx

PS - I think you have a fierce competitor in Stella when it comes to Scrabble!

Anonymous said...

My heart dropped, when I heard about Maizie not feeling well. How frustrating that must be for her and for you. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this. (((HUGS)))

I will head over to the park right now to check out those pictures. What a great site that is!

Has Maizie been able to do her blog lately?

XOXO

Julie L. said...

Am sorry that Maizie isn't feeling well again, but glad you were able to play scrabble. Suppose you are right saying the game could have been better. The best games are the ones where the whole board is covered--from top to bottom and side to side. Hope Maizie starts feeling better again.

Anonymous said...

Scrabble is a great game to take your mind off stuff. You have a lot going on at the moment and I am so disappointed that Maizie isn't getting better. I have recently prayed for her and I will do so again. You are very much in my thoughts, sweetheart.

Crystal xx

kristina said...

Oh dear, poor Maizie. But maybe little by little it'll be better---haven't played Scrabble in years, who knows how I'd do!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Marla! I'm so sorry! I haven't been able to have much time to get around to blogs this week, but I've been thinking about you all week. My heart just breaks for you both!

J is having really violent bouts of retching and gagging about every 10-15 minutes with this one and I'm spending a lot of time hooking and unhooking her decompression tube. It's been awful. Know that as often as I'm praying for the little girl I'm holding in my arms this week, I'm praying for you and M as well. Hope both our girls will be pulling out of this soon... Big hugs!

Marla said...

Thanks everyone! Scrabble really is lots of fun. I can become quite the Scrabble addict.
Luckily, we have some friends willing to sit and play too.

M continued to be in pain Saturday and began feeling better by the evening.

We had one of her friends over Saturday night and she ended up spending the night. It will be very interesting to see how M handles having a friend around this morning. She begged us to let her friend spend the night last night but it was when she was feeling better. The morning is ususally her worst time. So far M is still sleeping and I am watching Sponge Bob with her friend.

M has been doing some blogging. She loves taking pictures with the iPhone and has quite a few new ones on there.

Childlife-Praying for J too. Hugs.

EJ Willingham said...

Hi, Marla-

It's quite a roller coaster you're on. I'm thinking you're wishing for a nice, slow, predictable merry-go-round. She looks so cute with Archer, and she's such a pretty girl. I'm sorry she was feeling bad again, but then I began feeling quite positive when I read about her friend staying over. Up. Down. Up. Down. I hope you're doing OK.

We used to play Scrabble and keep track of the words and then read them out in order as a free-form poem. It was pretty entertaining. Haven't played in years.

Marla said...

Emily, I love the poem idea. We always joke about having to make up a short story using the words on the board. It would be fun to keep a blank book in the Scrabble box to keep track of the poems, or words on the board. Yup, that would surely prove I have too much time on my hands. ;)