Monday, April 21, 2008

Works in Progress

Baby Archer was in a great mood Sunday for our little photo shoot. My lil' God child is just the cutest bug. It has been a while since I have taken a photo series of a baby. Archer was a tad ornery when it came to smiling on cue. I guess that's a baby for ya.
Maizie relaxed and cuddled with the greyhounds during the shoot. Once we were finished we all went out for lunch.

Most of the weekend Joe worked on the house. Here is what we wanted to get done on top of our normal daily chores.

*Build shelves in the bathroom. (Joe did an excellent job...done!)
*Paint the bathroom. (still at it)
*Clean the guinea pig cage.....again. (done!)
*Clean the fish tank...the cat fish is missing or being consumed by the snails? (still thinking about doing it)
*Portrait session for Baby Archer. (done...well, I still have the tweaking work left but the session is done)

Back in the day we could have painted this bathroom in less than a day. Everything seems to take forever now. I really wanted to finish painting the bathroom tonight before Maizie gets back tomorrow from a sleepover. She can't be here while we paint. I don't want her smelling the fumes. Will I finish it in time? I doubt it. Not for lack of trying though.

Sunday night we took Maizie to see Nim's Island. It was fantastic. Maizie loved the movie and so did we. When Maizie heard Nim say she was home schooled she looked at me with the biggest surprised eyes. By the end of the movie she was requesting a pet lizard and wondering why we can't live on an island. Too cute.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots Marla! I love them!! Baby Archer is too cute! I love greyhounds, and Maizie looks so comfortable and happy with dogs. So great to see! How did her sleep over go?

I know what you mean about those home to do lists. They are so much harder to finish now. Our bedroom bathroom has been spakled for 4 months now, still no paint. Drives me crazy, every weekend, I swear I will just do it. Every weekend, life takes over.

Have a great week!!
XOXO

S.L. said...

Wonderful pix, as always! I hear ya on not quite getting through that to-do list these days! Seems we've got at least 5 big projects ongoing...and not sure if an end is in sight! ;)

Glad to her the reviews on Nim's Island. My eldest is reading the book, I promised to take her this weekend to see the film. She's been begging me for a hamster...seems that will change into a lizard by the end of the movie! LOL!

Angie said...

I am taking L. to Nim's Island first chance I get! I want to live on an island and have a pet lizard too (as long as it's smaller than me). That photo of Archer is so cute. I love the look on his face.

Drama Mama said...

That pic of Baby Archer killed me.

We are so all over Nim's Island next weekend.

I wish that we could do a movie date with you guys!

jo3baltes said...

What a great list of accomplishments. Not to toot my own horn, but you forgot to include "removing the crappy rusted wire fence" from the side yard, in preparation for putting in the new fence :-) Maybe this isn't listed since it isn't completed? Love you and miss you!

kristina said...

What big blue eyes!

thanks for another movie tip; sounds like she really liked it----know what you mean about things taking forever. I have given up on organizing papers all stacked up on my desk---I just seem to organize the stacks or make them a little neater from time to time!

Stinking Billy said...

marla, your style is becoming more and more relaxed. I guess that you are happy and it is showing.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Maizie is sleeping over at a friend's? That's some accomplishment. She looks happier now as compared to months back. I hope she'll always stay so happy :)

Anonymous said...

That picture is HILARIOUS of Archer!!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Sounds like a super busy weekend! And that you guys got a lot accomplished. I like making lists of stuff, just so I can cross stuff off when it's finished.
Love the baby pic and the one of Maizie with the dogs is beautiful!

Ashley's Mom said...

LOVE the baby picture!!

Melissa Jo said...

those pics are too cute! sounds like a productive weekend! you are missing a fish? like it just went missing? that is most peculiar!

Niksmom said...

Oh my, Arhcer is adorable! But I really, really love the picture of Maizie w/the dog. She looks so happy and relaxed —like she is totally in the moment and feeling wonderful. It's beautiful to see.

Joe, I bow in homage to you for your rad skills! (Can I borrow you sometime? I've got a kitchen that needs some TLC...)

Maybe I'll sneak off to see Nim's Island by myself this weekend...hmmmm

Sharon McDaid said...

I love your photos, and Maizie's guinea pig pic on the sidebar is terrific!

I didn't know Nim of the film is a HS child. I will take my daughter to see it and let her enjoy hearing that too!