Music and Why Does Summer go so Fast?
Tonight we went to Barnes and Nobles. Joe wanted to look for a CD and we thought Maizie might enjoy listening to some music and "choosing out" her own CD.
Maizie became enthralled in the process of scanning, scrolling through and listening to every song. Maizie began a pile of Barbie music, Disney music, Miley Cyrus and a few country mixes. After much consideration she decided on Vanessa Hudgens. I listened to clips of Vanessa's music and must say I was not impressed. I tried talking her into anything but that. The more I pressured her to choose a different one the more she wanted Vanessa's music. When will I ever learn? It is possible that I can't appreciate tweeny music anymore.
Thank goodness for Maizie's Mp3 player.
My mind is frazzled this week. I am thinking about 'trying to get organized' for homeschooling. No progress yet which is making me feel a tad panicked. Everywhere we go people ask Maizie when she goes back to school. Maizie mumbles, "Homeschool". The stores are buzzing with moms helping their kids gather school supplies. It is always a strange feeling not purchasing anything for 'back to school'. I think Maizie is relieved not to be a part of that action.
We sent a large bag of toys and clothes for the Good Will today. It seems that over night Maizie has been outgrowing clothes and anything "babyish". Her opinion on what is babyish and what is not can be quite confusing. There are some toys and games she is not yet ready to part with. Thank goodness. I can't handle too much growing up all at once.
Summer is moving by too quickly. I want it all to slow down...way down.
Thank you again for taking the time to check out Maizie's blog and comment. I will be sending invites to those people who requested access once I turn it back to 'private'.



21 comments:
Joe says he can tell I am really sleepy writing this post. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow I will be all energetic or at least a tad more motivated.
She looks so much older in the post, with that outfit. You didn't like Vanessa's cd? That's probably what Molly would have picked out too. She is just in love with Zack Efron. You are funny wanting summer to last, I want it to end! Get these kids back in school! Lol!
i'm with you on the title of this: why DOES summer fly by?????
Marla, I hope you're feeling a little better by now-I so know what you mean about the horrible sleepy feeling, it's like being underwater I think!
Summer holidays have just started in the UK, school starts again in the first week of september. When do your holidays run until?
BG x
I am almost 24 and I still have stuffed animals. Heck, I still MAKE stuffed animals. Sometimes you never completely outgrow wanting soft, cuddly things. ;)
Why does summer feel like the shortest season of the year? Time is passing way too quickly!
That is too funny. Mine have a version of 'cool' but I have absolutely no idea what their version is. At the same time, he'll quite happily gnaw on a chewie without a care in the world in his 'cool' shirt. Headphones campaign has slipped a bit, thanks for the reminder!
Cheers
You know, I have more music for Parker on my MP3 player than I do anything else.
I grab that puppy for the long car rides up to Primary Children's hospital, to use during therapies he hates, or just turn it up to jam around the house with.
Maybe one of these days I'll put some of MY music on it.
I have plans to paint and redecorate Ashley's room this summer (I know, I know - I'm running out of time), and we will be doing the more grown up thing for her also. No more bunnies everywhere - no more cotton candy pink and mint green. Ashley has picked out a very sophisticated teal green color.
She's my baby and I don't want her to be sophisticated just yet...I liked the bunnies :(
You know what's funny? My first thought when looking at the picture was that she looked older and taller! I wonder if it's all the sunshine in the summer, because Little Elvis has grown three inches since his last doctor's appointment 2 months ago.
Well, I am really glad to hear someone else finds the planning part of homeschooling a little overwhelming, too. I keep reading all these incredibly long, organized posts and wondering what my deal is. Why can't I get the whole year organized in a day? LOL
The growing up part is an interesting journey. Forward, back, forward, forward... back again. Sometimes it's just one day at a time.
Tess was picking all this crazy pre-fab teen music too. Then I realized it was because she didn't know any better, that's what she was being fed in the media. Out came the CDs. Time for the school of rock!
I sometimes wish I could homeschool Amy too but she has made such good progress being amongst other children.
CJ xx
Summer is definately going by too fast. And I hate to say it, but your little girl looks very grown up in that picture. This year I'm really feeling like I want to make them stop growing up. *sniff*
Time in general seems to move too fast. Summer especially. Sigh. My guy is just beginning the tween stage. Hope you get your bloggy energy back. Take care--jml
Summer always goes by too quick. I do not want to go back to work (at school) but I am going back.
I admire you so much for homeschooling Maizie. I so wish we did that for Melanie. I think it would have given her a much better educational foundation. She went through so much in those early years of school (and middle school). You are giving her an amazing and enriching education. Trust yourself on that!
My children have now outgrown Vanessa Hudgens. Seems like yesterday, I was sitting at a Cheetah Girls Concert and Vanessa opened up for them. After that, we had to have all her cd's.
Hannah is going to a Jonan's Brothers ( I think that is right) concert next weekend, with a friend and her friend's mother. I'm a bit worried about it.
Glad you have that Mp3 player. It comes in handy so often!
We don't know "cool" around here, we just wear what we like! (With Charlie, t-shirts and shorts, end of story.)
Yes, a little growing up goes a long way. Sigh.
I'd like to request access to Maizie's blog. I just love it and L. wants he very own since I showed her Maizie's (no sharing Flower Petals with the family - not that we do much on it).
Isn't it amazing what your kids are interested in that we think is dreadful? I say you can't fight it. When I was 15 or 16 my mom bought me the albums I requested at Christmas - Violent Femmes, The Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, The Cure and a Duran Duran 12". She walked right into Wooden Nickel, told the guy she had no idea what she was looking for, but had my list. I'll never forget that she did that even though I know it all perplexed her. My mom was a big fan of Barbara Streisand, Neil Diamond, The Village People and Dr. Hook (a little perplexity in that, but I guess that's where I get my desire for diversity...) I know the Dead Kennedys was most troubling to her as she said, she couldn't believe someone would name their band that. My mom also idolized the entire Kennedy family. As the years went by I remember her buying me Iggy Pop picture discs, Rolling Stones CDs, Tom Petty's Free Fallin', etc. She also went to several concerts with me when I was a teenager because she didn't want me driving to Indy or Chicago as an inexperienced driver. I know she didn't care for many of the bands, but we always had a good time and I love those memories.
Don't worry about the homeschooling. If you force it, it just makes it worse. Enjoy the summer. I'm always here to help with homeschooling ideas (most of which I've gathered from other people. I've got one idea that I want to start with L. I think it might interest Maizie. I'll tell you about when we get together. :)
See you soon!
omg...Maizie looks so darn grown up in that picture!!
She's looking well :)
Imo, don't rush with the homeschooling, do it at a pace that fits well with M rather than upset her routine or something.
Hope all is well with you and all at home.
Have a good weekend ahead!! :)
Amen, sister. Summer has FLOWN by, and speaking as a public school teacher, I am not ready for the whole whirlwind of fall to begin yet. It feels like last week that summer started. Big sigh.
She is growing so tall!
Post a Comment