Knitting, Santa & Darwin may have had Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome
I am continuing my knitting frenzy. Maizie says,"Mom...you are addicted to knitting!" Darwin takes advantage of my knitting by getting in extra cuddle time. Hollea, Maizie's respite care worker said when she found me in my knitting meditation mode, "You are knitting again? You are just a Betty home maker aren't you?!" We both laugh knowing I am so not. Too funny.
Sally was being cute by wearing Maizie's Build A Bear sweater. It looks quite adorable on Sally. Maybe Sally will help me begin a new fashion trend. Too bad I am pretty weary of knitting anymore Build A Bear sweaters. Sigh. Three more to go. I am going to tweak my pattern. Shake it up a bit.
When I first began knitting I told myself I would not begin another project until I finished the one I was working on. Yeah, that is really not possible. I have fallen in love with the yarn and when I purchase one I get a great thrill from the casting on and the decision of what I will be making with my new find. Granted, my skill level is still limited but I am learning to read patterns and getting a bit braver with each project. Right now I am making my mom a scarf and hat. I finished my hat class. It was awesome. Next I am going to take the sweater class.
Mimi had fun riding the carousel at the mall with me and Chris. Are you wondering where the other three girls were? We bravely sent the girls to see New Moon on their own while we putzed around the mall. This is the second movie they have seen without me or Chris. Sally and Emma are well briefed in what to do in case of a "Maizie emergency". Sally is in charge of the Blackberry. The girls get a great thrill from attending a movie on their own.
Last Sunday we visited Santa Claus. Maizie is going on twelve but wanted to see Santa. I'm cool with that. She told him she wanted a Teddy Bear. I think that was all she could think of at that moment. I don't remember what else they were discussing but from looking at the photo it looks like they had a nice chat.
Mimi was in awe or star struck by Santa Claus. Mimi wanted to know if the sled next to Santa was his real sled, if it worked, who pulled it and if he is the Santa in the coloring books she has seen. Adorable. Santa and Mimi were talking on and on and on and on. When she finally whispered in Santa's ear what she wanted we were able to wrap up their conversation so the other children in line could visit him. I swear that Santa would have talked all day with Mimi.
Emma and Sally were way too cool to visit with Santa. Or shy. I'm not sure which.
Maizie drew me this picture of her ice skating. I love it. It is interesting that her drawing level has stayed at the level of a five year old. She reads at a sixth grade level but comprehends similar to a first or second grader. For math she is still struggling at a pre school level. Her skills are all over the place. I love children's drawings. I am always asking the girls to draw me pictures.
Maizie posted on her blog a few days ago. A miracle.
Last night was an all nighter. Maizie has been coughing for a few nights but last night was bad. She could not stop and had difficulty catching her breath. Today we went to University of Iowa Family Care Center. Her asthma is flaring up and she has an ear infection. Sounds typical for this time of year. Red flag number one before we are on the road to pneumonia. Argh. She has had more CVS spells as well. Check this out...Darwin may have had Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome. No, not our dog but Darwin...the scientist.
A visit to the neurologist is next. We will be staying home together this week in the hopes of storing up strength and good health for the holidays. I am doing everything I can to keep her out of the hospital this year. Oh! Maizie had her swine H1N1 vaccination finally! Sweet!
Knowing that I have respite tonight is the best. Me and Maizie are cuddling together watching Four Christmases. I love that movie.



3 comments:
You really are in a knitting frenzy! ;-) BTW, I love the pictures of the girls with Santa but I especially love that he took as much time as they each needed and didn't rush them off. He looks like he was a jovial fellow.
Hope Maizie is better soon. Nik sis still sick (or, sick again) and is now on oral steroids and nebs in an effort to beat back pretty significant respiratory distress. :-( Hope that's not the case with the marvelous Miss M!
In case the time gets away from me...Merry Christmas!
I understand what you mean about knitting. When I was sewing more, I would end up picking up tons of extra fabric and patterns for other projects while in the midst of 3 or 4. The possibility and the final product made it great for me.
Sorry Maizie's having more bouts with the CVS. Hopefully she won't end up with pneumonia!
When can we put our knitting orders in?
Post a Comment