Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. This is the time of year when the blogosphere I inhabit seems to almost come to a stand still. Everyone is busy celebrating with family and not on the computer much at all. I am looking forward to some time catching up with everyone when things slow down here.
Christmas vacation has been so nice. It was important for us to soak up all the love and fun this year since next year Chris will be in Afghanistan working. Mimi helped make chocolate chip cookies with her Daddy. Okay, not too helpful really. She just stayed close to the kitchen waiting to lick the cookie dough out of the bowl. I think Mimi asked a million times if she could lick the bowl.
Christmas Eve we set out cookies and a beer for Santa. The carrots were for the reindeer. The guinea pigs helped with the carrots and I helped Santa finish the beer. ;)
Before bed Chris read Santa Mouse Where are You to the girls. As you can see Mimi was really getting into it. Miraculously enough everyone slept until seven. My sister Marie told me my nephew Christian was up at four. Ugh.
Christmas morning Santa left a nice note. The girls were beyond excited. We each took turns playing Santa and passing around gifts.
Maizie was thrilled to get a i pod touch from her Dad. She loves it. He etched a nice note to Maizie into the back of the i pod which was quite clever and sweet.
I gave Chris a new robe and a DS. Living in a house with five girls he needs a robe! He loves the DS as he is sitting next to me playing Sims City right now while I blog. Very cute.
Emma was beyond thrilled to open her own keyboard. I am hoping the girls will practice their piano here as well as at their mom's house. They are quite talented.
I just had to get the girls snugglies. Now they will each have a snugglie for movie night instead of carrying around all the blankets in the house. All were beyond thrilled to open their very own DS. For months Maizie and me have been nice enough to let them play our DS's. Maizie and me were happy to have reclaimed our DS's. Chris gave me Scrabble for mine. My favorite gift from Chris is a very thick and cozy white robe. I love it.
I think we were in pj's for two days playing, eating and watching the most beautiful snow fall. Sally worked on her Lego train set. All of the girls have been having a blast Picto Chatting. Emma is especially into picto chatting. I finished knitting another hat. Chris advanced in Halo.
Mimi has been into playing with her play doh and all things Sponge Bob.
Today we caught up on laundry, cleaned the house and went out to lunch. Chris and me were going stir crazy. I swear the girls would have stayed in their p.j.'s all weekend if we let them. My mom sent them all some adorable new p.j.'s so I guess I can't blame them. It's nice to be cozy!



6 comments:
In some ways the blogosphere gets busier just before Christmas and during it.
Glad you had a great one!
Love the pictures.
Belated Christmas greetings! So glad you all had a wonderful holiday together.
Wishing you all the best life has to offer as we enter a new year, a new decade (well, depending on which you believe is the end of the decade...). xo
Y'all make a beautiful family~ Merry Christmas and Best wishes for the New Year!
Such a departure from this time last year. So happy that you all are happy, Marla.
Happy New Year!
Great pictures! Belated Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.
Joe
Catching-up here and there myself. This was a lovely post! Just like we dream of Christmas! Now into the sweet memories box.
Barbara
Post a Comment