Saturday, July 28, 2007

Miss. Havisham's Garden

Many times this summer I have driven past the public shared gardens and seen the awesomely bizarre scarecrow above. Joe and I call it the scare crow of Miss. Havisham's Garden. When you are driving past you don't see the awesome details. Like the creepy baby doll hanging off the arm below. Tied with wire around the baby doll's arm is some shreds of material from the wedding dress. The dress was once a beautiful embroidered wedding dress. Maybe I should make one of these with my dress? Actually, I dress Maizie up in mine every few years and take pictures. A weird tradition we began when she was a toddler. The garden is made complete with a door that says, 'See A Weed Pull It Up'. Always good advice when visiting a garden. I think the scarecrow has really helped this plot. It was certainly thriving with beautiful flowers and all kinds of veggies. The plots without scarecrows did not look as full.

2 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

that totally creeps me out!

Marla said...

I think it is cool.