Cuddle Time and Family Time

Here is an adorable picture of Stella cuddling with Darwin. She curled up as close as she could and put her two little paws over Darwin's leg. They cuddled like this for longer than I thought possible. A few minutes after this Stella clumsily climbed into the tub and began snooping around in there...looking for trouble. I took a picture of her in the tub and Maizie will be blogging about it soon. Check her blog when you get a chance. She posted today and wants to do the one about Stella tomorrow.
I slept off and on until about one this afternoon. After I was awake and looking presentable we headed over to my parents house for shishkabob and a cake my Aunt Julie made for me. My favorite white cake with chocolate frosting. Everyone was surprised by how well I was getting along. I am a bit shocked myself.
Melissa and Alex came for the weekend. Alex is such a cutie. She has learned to say the noise a kitty says correctly so I was pretty sad about that. I wanted to get her saying it with her little spitting sound but instead I only got her doing it the right way. Geesh! She is growing up so fast I missed it all ready. No matter what she says it is always cute. I love the footage I got anyway.
Maizie was telling everyone about her dream she had a while back where she was playing Candy Land with Jesus and Jesus won. She explained that Jesus wore a long white dress and they were playing in Bethlehem. Amazing.
Maizie made necklaces for everyone with some strings and plastic beads that some church friends sent her. Melissa looks pretty cute in hers. Alex was in bed by 7 tonight. What a great schedule! Maizie never slept well at Alex's age but now we are sure to get her to bed between 8 and 9. I love having time to ourselves. Seven is a great bedtime for a kid Alex's age. Before she went she said, "Bye! Bye!" She knew she was ready for sleepy time. I love her so much!
Marie and the boys were there too. Christian and Maizie played store and tried catching some fish with Joe. Neither caught any fish tonight. The last time Maizie was over she caught a ten inch fish. Daniel is looking handsome as always.It was great to see my family after a week of seclusion. Hopefully Maizie and I will be able to hang out at Marie's soon. I can't drive till I am off of these pain medications. Julie is planning to take Maizie out sometime next week so she will be excited about that.
Once we were back home we took the dogs for a walk around the block. I am able to walk a bit more without needing a nap. Stella is doing well walking with the leash. I love walking the dogs. Pretty soon winter will be here and it won't be so easy.
I am off to watch Huff. A new Showtime series we get from Net Flix. We finished Weeds and needed a new one. There is practically nothing worth watching on regular television right now. This one took me a while to get into but now I am really liking it. It is a pretty intense drama with lots of humor too.



1 comment:
that pic of darwin and stella is too cute! what peanuts!
Post a Comment