Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Trip to the Neurologist and I Can't Stop Obsessing

Yesterday we took our yearly road trip to Indianapolis to see Maizie's neurologist. This makes for one heck of a long day. I think we are all still recovering. The appointment went well. We do have to go back again in three months which is a bummer. Maizie has been having a few too many seizures so we are going to increase her seizure medication and we are testing for some blood levels to see if she would benefit from some supplements to help with muscle weakness. So tonight Maizie gets to fast a bit before we head out real early for lab work. Lucky for us Maizie is so used to this that it goes very smoothly. It feels good that with her new, more specific diagnosis the doctors are looking into new ways to help her feel her best. Today Maizie was in her pajamas most of the day while I ran a million errands (Joe was home, of course). I managed to get the oil changed in my car, drop off prescriptions, dropped of Joe's Nat Nast shirts at the cleaners and made a much needed trip to the grocery store. I also picked up a red Kong ball for Darwin. I can't wait to see how he likes it.

Tonight Joe and Maizie went to the dog park while I met my friend Lilly for dinner at Cork and Cleaver. We had a nice dinner and were able to catch up on our life happenings.

I can't believe how close I am to having my surgery. I have some pre op appointments coming up. I am debating whether or not to put myself through the torture of my bladder rescue treatments prior to the surgery. They are painful and just plain miserable but may help with post operation bladder pain. I don't know what I will do. I also have to make some final decisions in regards to the surgery. Everyone has their opinions in this area. Keep one ovary? Have both taken out? Argh. I am so tired of thinking about it. I had decided to keep one but the plastic surgeon agreed with my doctor that the endometriosis that is in rare locations would only intensify with one ovary remaining. I began obsessing about this decision again last night and found myself staring at the ceiling at four in the morning. I would like to buy myself some more time with my own hormones but really want to be done with the pain. I can see myself getting ready to go into surgery and making up my mind at the last minute...begging the doctor to do whatever I have decided. Kind of like when you can't decide what to order for dinner so you have a few in mind and find yourself requesting something different at the last minute.

Enough on that.

As I write this Maizie is telling us that she is in a very bad mood today. Why you may ask? Because she has to pick up the toys she spread out from one end of the living room to the other. I am hoping when I peek around the lap top there will be no toys in sight. A girl can dream right?

No comments: