Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tame the Tongue and Zorro the Tiny Poodle


Maizie was up the majority of the night. One of those insomnia nights. She watched some movies and read several books. One would think she was tired today but she was full of energy. Maizie completed more work today than I could keep up with. This is a rare mode for her. We are trying to lower one seizure medication after we raised a different one. I think her cognitive skills are improving because of it. However, more sleepless nights may be on the horizon. I am wondering if tomorrow will be the same way? If so, I better make this blog quick and pull together more work for tomorrow.


This morning we went to Coffee Break. I really enjoyed it. We are studying a book all about 'taming your tongue'. Mainly reading from 'James' in the bible. Watching the words we say is something everyone needs endless work on. No one speaks perfectly and everyone says hurtful words. In the same way words have power to heal and bless. I am sure I have a lot to learn and work on. Sometimes it seems easier to say not so nice things than to really work on having my words be a blessing. I like how in James he describes the tongue as being a fire that can destroy and is always restless. I had never thought of it that way. I feel so thankful to be in this group.


We managed two trips to the dog park today. We met an old woman with the tiniest poodle I have ever seen named Zorro. It was so funny to see such a tiny dog at the park. Stella seemed thrilled that a dog smaller than her was there. The woman said she went through the alphabet and picked a name for each letter, calling the dog to her with each name. Once she got to 'Z' she first said 'Zero' and thought that would not be a good name. Next she said Zorro and the puppy ran to her. This was her way of letting the dog choose her own name. I thought that was a cute story.

2 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

that's a cute story about the woman and naming the dog. i am wanting a new pooch really bad. mostly for coop. i think he's lonely. pretty sure tim wouldn't be down with it right now. owell. maybe sometime. ;)

Marla said...

Oh my. Yeah. You guys have your hands full. Maybe wait till Alex is a bit older and she can help with the process. I never have the 'adopt a baby urge' but I always want a puppy.