Saturday, March 22, 2008

Maizie Springs Back for the Day....Crossing Our Fingers it Lasts

Today began on shaky ground. Maizie woke up at 4:30 a.m. after having a nightmare in which Joe was taken away by ghosts. By eleven she was willing to go on a few errands. I tried not to get too excited. She happily went to the video store and out to lunch.

The rest of the time Joe and I took turns waiting in the car with her while we went on a few errands. We felt lucky that she was willing to leave the house so early in the day, even if I did spend a while chilling in the car while Joe shopped for a cake pan.

Maizie enjoyed drawing on napkins while we waited and insisted I give each creation its proper praise. As I sat there watching Maizie in the rear view mirror it slowly dawned on me that she seemed different today. She had a spark I had not seen in weeks. Her sunglasses sat on the seat next to her and she was not screaming at me to take her home so she can hide from the sun. I cautiously invited her friend Maralyn over for the night.
We walked the dogs to the park and Maizie was climbing and running! She did not complain of leg pain, the sun or the sounds of the neighborhood kids playing basket ball. I soaked it all in.

Here she is showing off for the camera. Maizie insisted on her shades as a preventative measure. Good idea! Look how she is full of energy. No belly pain, no anxiety or aggression and no depression! All smiles! Yes! I was in awe.
Once back home we colored Easter eggs.
Maralyn ran into a bit of trouble with the blue Easter egg dye. She must have washed her hands ten times tonight in the hopes of removing the dye. I told her dyed hands are a sign of creative energy...that she was a true artist. Maralyn was not impressed.
The girls enjoyed a yummy dinner, popcorn and the movie Enchanted. Now...they are sound asleep. Dreaming about the Easter Bunny. A day to celebrate! Joe and I are holding our breaths and praying that it lasts.

18 comments:

Angie said...

I hope it lasts too! Perhaps the change of the season will help! Absolutely sweet pictures!

Bobbi said...

Yay for a good day! I hope she has many more to come! I'm glad she had fun with her friend! I hope they sleep and arn't up all night thinking about the Easter bunny coming. My daughter said she is too excited to sleep. I told her that if she didn't sleep and I was up, he wouldn't come. I'm mean, huh. Lol!

kristina said...

It's got to last through Easter plus---glorious day, blue hands and all!

JUST A MOM said...

WOW WOW WOW I am so excited for you look at that smile so big you can see the brightness in her eyes in the photo it is great she looks so happy... enjoy I pray it stays fo ra long while. you ALL need a break!

Anonymous said...

I am holding my breath too!!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Marla!! I'm so happy for you and M.I'm smiling widely now and would scream for joy if you were here! That's real good news :)
Great Easter weekend!

p/s: My hellish neighbors rented out their entire unit. I've got "ghost-like" Russian neighbors now, they appear and reappear quietly as if non-existent. Peace and quietness :)

Niksmom said...

Beautiful. bsolutely *everything* about this is beautiful. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts as well. xoxo Happy Easter!

VAB said...

I've been hoping and waiting for a post like this. Yay for you guys!

Essential Amy said...

I am so happy that Maizie is feeling better!!!!I am glad she had fun! I'm with Maralyn, I hate that dye on my hands and I must have washed my hands at least 10 times the other day when we did our eggs.
Happy Easter!!!

tulipmom said...

I love hearing this. Happy Easter to all three of you! I hope things continue on this very positive note!

Pregnantly Plump said...

Yay!! That is so great. I'm glad she got her spark back and had such a great, fun day. Hope you all have many, many more.

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful! Here's hoping you have many more days like this ahead :-).

Anonymous said...

You asked the question Friday and you got your answer...you can write exciting things. I love the smile on Maizie's face when she was coloring eggs. She just lit up the whole blog page :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Maizie is feeling better. Here's to a whole slew of good days. Lava soaps works well for egg-dyed hands, that or the stuff for removing excess "sunless tanning" products from one's palms.
Does Maizie still ride? being with horses is very calming. Just stroking Lucky's velvet nose dispels my anxiety.
-Jill

Unknown said...

Yay! What a great day :)

floating in space said...

Wonderful! Looks like it was a perfect day.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that she had a good day and was feeling better! I hope you guys had a nice Easter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm praying too! That smile is just radiant. I feel the same with J during her episodes too... even during the brief times where she is awake, she's listless - no life in her eyes. Like you said, no spark.

I'm so glad she's doing better today and I hope you both have a long reprieve!