Monday, June 4, 2007

My New Obsession and Procrastination

Keeping My Fingers Crossed
by Me


Okay...maybe its that I have not been feeling too well or maybe I am looking for anything to do instead of study?

Anyway, I am obsessed with checking out the updates on Paris Hilton going to prison on TMZ. I have been a TMZ junkie for months, I will admit to that. I was one of the first people to listen to the nasty phone message Alec Baldwin left to his daughter. Of course I promptly text messaged Joe to check it out immediately. And yes, I text messaged him while I was sitting upstairs and he was in the basement. I could very easily have went down and told him about it...but we are just nerds like that. Like right now, he has his lap top going and I have mine going. We are half watching the Dr. Who we recorded using our Myth T.V. that Joe built just for lil' ol me! Thank you technology and thank you TMZ! Where would I be without the knowledge TMZ brings into my life?

I make a point to tell Joe all about Paris, like how they allowed Paris to keep her hair extensions in and how she is in a solitary confinement cell. Joe's response is usually this grin and nod that says, "Marla...you are really funny being that obsessed by all the Hilton happenings." Where would Joe be without me keeping him up to date on everything important?!

I was not normally captivated by Paris. It was only when she was going to be sent to prison that this sick fascination began. It is truly sad. Will orange jump suits become fashionable? What will we do when we get bored hearing about what Paris had for meals that day? Will Paris keep a diary and publish it when she is done? Whoa...I will be buying that if she does. I'll never get anything done then.

But, tonight when I know I should be reading and studying everything from the Neolithic Period to the Romans for the first online test I have ever taken (I am a nervous wreck about it)...well, reading about Paris is just so much more fun. Not to mention a way easier read! As Kip sang to La Fawn Duh in Napoleon Dynamite, "I love technology." I sure do. It lets me procrastinate to my fullest abilities.

Now that I have had my fill of 'information' its off for a hot bath while I read my book. After that I swear I will start my essay and then get back to studying. I will. I really will.

No comments: