Giant Toddler, Ratatouille, Painting and Pizza Fun
Can you believe how big toddlers are getting lately? This little guy in the photo above was just about falling out of this toddler swing at the park today!
Today my mission was to wear these two angels out! Maizie and I began the day by doing some school work. Then, we cleaned up the house and headed out to pick Christian up from camp. We were all starving so we stopped at Wendy's for lunch.
Finally, it was time to see Ratatouille. Maizie and Christian waited patiently through preview after preview. They loved the movie but we all agreed it was too long. I wish Joe could have seen it since he is so into cooking. The last thirty minutes felt like an eternity. Christian kept saying, "Is it over yet? Is it over now? When will it be over?" I was thinking the same thing though. We went to the park to burn off some energy after sitting for too long!
Once we got home we painted. Christian always expects to paint something when he stays at my house. Here are their creations. Maizie painted the boat and Christian painted the truck.
I was debating ordering a pizza when I remembered we had some ready made Rustic Crust's. I always pick some of these up at the Food Coop. They are so good. I figured if Christian made his own pizza he would be more willing to eat every bit of it. Boy, did I have that right.
They put on the sauce. Christian only likes cheese on his pizza. Maizie went for her usual mushrooms and black olives. Their favorite topping was the cheese. Maizie kept asking if she could eat it right away.

This is Christian eating his home made pizza. He kept saying, "This is the best pizza. I made it." I asked Maizie if I could have a slice of her pizza and she agreed. Yes! It was yummy.
I wanted to put this photo in to show my Mom the violet I have managed to keep alive. It just keeps blooming. Amazingly enough. The balm lemon and basil Maizie planted is taking over the window sill. Soon it may be time to plant the herbs outside. The balm lemon smells fantastic.



No comments:
Post a Comment