Saturday, July 7, 2007

Yummy Scents and Delicious Truffles wtih Miss Mindy

After a fairly decent nights sleep Mindy picked me up for some shopping, lunch and a special treat for me.

First we went to Von Maur. Bargain shopper Mindy found a beautiful pair of Kenneth Cole earrings for two dollars! Can you believe it? They were like twenty eight bucks originally. I saw a few things I really wanted at Von Maur but nothing on sale that I just had to have. I really want some Philosophy Baby Grace perfume but could not justify the cost right now. Mindy has been wanting Lolita Lempicka for way too long now. She tortured herself by spraying some on and smelling it over and over. I ran out of my Lolita months ago so I sneak some of Joe's. I love the men's Lolita too.After Von Maur we went to Biaggi's where we had spinach salads and sandwiches. The waiter took this picture of us. I will use it even though I have some wicked red eye in it. I am trying to be in more of my photos so I look like I actually exist rather than always being behind my camera. The worst part is the photos never end up how I want them to. Oh, well.

I opened my birthday gift from Mindy at lunch. She gave me a Soy candle that smells incredible. It's scent is Belgian Waffles. I can't wait to light it and feel all cozy. Thank you Mindy!

Ulta was calling our names so we headed over. They had the Elizabeth Arden 'gift' going on so I thought I would get a few pieces of makeup. It seems that all at once my makeup has been running out or just got too old.
Outside was miserably hot. We managed to survive the walk over to De Brands. Mindy wanted to treat me to a couple of truffles. I have never had a truffle before. They were so yummy! I really liked them. I was tempted to get Maizie some of their home made marshmallows but resisted.
I had a caramel and milk chocolate truffle. Mindy tried a Key Lime and Espresso truffle. All of them were delicious.

5 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

yum! those look yummy! what tempting pictures and action packed with you and mindy actually EATING the truffles. how fun! :) i want to go shopping! i will be coming to the fort soon. plan on shopping with me. no excuses on being broke. maybe marie can come with us too? i gues that would leave mom incharge of all the kids. i dunno about that :)
anyway, plan on it. well, i should go to bed. wayyyy too late!

Marla said...

Give me notice and I can get a sitter! Broke? It is called being 'temporarily out of funds'. I can always shop for bargains!

Melissa Jo said...

duh! bargains are the only thing i allow myself to buy! hello, not working yet! but target still requires i visit frequently.

Melissa Jo said...

didn't i just get you larges? it's not like they would be that huge, would they? i thought they just looked like big comfy pants...anyway, sorry. nothing like getting fat pants for your birthday...

Marla said...

Girl, I love the fat pants. Don't worry. They have a drawstring so they just look bigger.