The Mess that is Maizie's American Girl Doll
The joys of the American Girl Doll! When I look through the Americal Girl Doll catalog I am always in awe of the beautiful arranged sets with the soft luxurious hair. I picture Maizie playing all sweet and angelic like with her doll Josefina. We gave Maizie the Josefina doll as a way to celebrate her heritage a few years ago. For this, I like the doll. I must also say they are very durable.
However, I am repulsed by a rats nest head of hair, long strands of it sticking all over the outfits. The dogs are terrified of the thing. Possibly, it looks like a shrunken child in black and white doggie vision.

Or maybe they see her like the little girl from The Ring. Yikes!
Keeping up the hair of an American Girl Doll is a part time job. I failed to buy the hair care kit so maybe I am to blame for this mess of a doll. After Maizie went to bed I sat down with an old comb and went to work...again. I filled the garbage can with hair, covered my carpet and chair with hair and the doll still has a not so nice thick head of snarled hair. Finally, I got wise and braided it the best I could . Granted, I also did not purchase the twenty five minute DVD on caring for your doll's hair. My hair skills surely suffer as a result. 
Thank goodness Maizie prefers her Bitty Baby. She is bald and oh how beautiful she looks. Except where Maizie wrote the word 'this' on her leg. But, that is one thing that makes me love that baby doll all the more.



9 comments:
Lovely doggie pictures. It's so nice to do nothing sometimes. And very important for the soul.
That doll looks very scary I have to say. Even i wouldn't like to see her on a dark night.
Crystal xx
That is one funny doll picture! Thanks for the laugh today.
Crystal & Bev! Thanks for visiting!
Hairless dolls are a sure thing in our house too!!! (Barbie doll hair drives me totally insane! I used to love combing dolls hair when I was a child but my daughter doesn't have quite the same interest in it - hence I am left to detangle and find the faces underneath!)
You make me glad I have not succumbed and bought my daughter an American Girl doll. I suppose at least the doll wouldn't scream as I combed its hair the way my daughter does ;-)
I cant stop laughing, our dolls with hair look the same. My mom went nuts in the American Girl store in Los Angeles last year and brought back th e set of twins for my daughters...I prefer the bitty babies too and baby dolls in general. Less maintenance. They begin bald and stay bald.
Marla, your doggie blog is lovely. I love the photos, they should be published. The highland is adorable and I shall show them to Amy when she comes home from school.
I tried to leave a comment on the blog but it kept throwing me out!
Crystal xx
Elissa- What is it with kids today not combing the doll hair. :) Ugh!
Almost American- My daughter screams when I comb her hair at times too. I hate that. Especially since she wants to grow it long.
Stepping Over-The twins! How lucky! I love the Bitty Babies more than Maizie, I think. I love the stuff that comes with them. Too cute!
Crystal-I hope Amy likes the pictures! Thank you for checking it out. That is a bummer it would not let you leave a comment. How frustrating for you and me too!
Post a Comment