Friday, November 30, 2007

Remembering Waiting For Our Baby

This blurb is from my journal back in the day before I knew about blogging. Since we are into the month of December I always remember waiting for Maizie to be born and how excited I was. It seems like such a long time ago. Tonight Maizie had her first sleep over at a friend's house. She is growing up! I feel happy and sad all at the same time. Before she left she said, "I will miss you while I am gone Momma." So sweet! Joe looks so young in this photo. Here is the excerpt from my journal......
On December 9th our adoption counselor called and left a message that she knew the sex of the baby. We played phone tag and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Pure torture. We are having a baby girl! Maizie Marie! I am so excited. I still feel a deep level of uncertainty. Every day I imagine what the birth mother is doing and I feel like I can't wait another day. We are so close to the due date. I can't focus on much of anything. I am a mess. I feel separated from someone I all ready love. Is that normal? Am I putting all my eggs in one basket? This feeling is difficult to accept since I know the birth mother could change her mind. Our hearts could be broken and we would have to accept that. I know that God will get us through this waiting.

8 comments:

Holly said...

The first sleepover - that's huge!

Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo - so much love in Joe's eyes. And your excerpt is so touching...

Elissa
xx

Anonymous said...

I said "yes" to Ben's private adoption while he was only two months in his mother's womb. I feel like I was psychologically pregnant for months!

I know that fear of the mother changing their mind. I gave him as perfect a love as I was capable of the first few months, just in case I had to give him back. Not until the paper's were signed at four months did I have a respite.

Rose

Pam said...

Love the picture of her, that black hair is amazing!! Soooo cute!

Congrats on the first sleepover!

katy said...

she is adorable, all that hair! they grow up so quick don't they

Anonymous said...

You had nothing to worry about in the end. Just look at your beautiful daughter now.

Crystal xx

kristina said...

Hope you survived her sleepover! Happy happy birthday---Charlie was born with not quite that much hair.

Marla said...

Holly- Thanks! I am very proud of her.

Elissa- You are very sweet.

Rose-I so know the feeling!

Pam, Katy and Crystal-Thank you! Yes, in the end it all worked out.

Kristina- Thanks! Maizie did have lots of hair. I was so shocked when I saw her!