Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

We all went to my parent's house and enjoyed a fun day taking the kids out on the paddle boat. It was great to see my sister Melissa and Alex. Melissa and Tim will be moving soon into their brand new home. I am so excited for them. Tim has a great new job, Melissa graduated from nursing school and will be starting work soon. I just wished they lived closer!



Rudy was nervous whenever anyone was out in the paddle boat. I think we should try to take him on the boat too. Once inside we played several rounds of Catch Phrase. The kids were getting pretty wild dancing to Maizie's Dolly Parton Concert DVD. By seven Maizie was exhausted and running out of steam so we headed home for bath time.
Once home we put Maizie to bed and watched the movie Fur...An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus. I have always loved Diane's work . When I studied her in college she was by far the most influential photographer to me. She was an amazingly intuitive photographer. The movie was definitely imaginary so I had to keep reminding myself of that. We did notice some of her work being represented in the movie which was interesting to pick out. I think an incredible movie could be made of her real life story. Nothing imaginary would need to be added for a fascinating portrait. Robert Downey Junior as the very hairy love interest did not ooze of believable romance to me. The movie did inspire me a bit, so for that it was worth watching.






No comments: